💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

I'm not judging on that performance, I'm talking about how she's been performing as a whole for the last two years. We Found Love was her only huge hit from TTT and the rest of the singles barely registered on our charts and had it not been for Where Have You Been, that era would have been a complete disaster. For the second album in a row, she only got one UK #1 despite performing her second single on the X Factor final which in the past got her a #1 easily. Unapologetic only debuted with 99,000 sales and fell out the charts after 36 weeks (TTT stayed around for well over a year despite zero promotion after the lead single). Yes, she still sells out venues here but the audience was not impressed with her latecoming and she got booed heavily for it. I looked about reviews for her shows on ticketmaster and it was filled with annoyed concert goers from all over the UK rating the show 1/5, saying that she showed up too late, her live singing was terrible and she lipsynched a lot and let the backing track do most of the work, that the best part of the show was when it ended and that they'll never pay to see her live again. Based on all of this, I'd say she's starting to wear thin on the UK public. And saying that she'd have to miss out on top 10 despite lots of promotion before you'd consider her fame to be dwindling, Rihanna has never promoted properly in the UK the way other popstars do. Her annual X Factor performance is about it. So, if she flops hard afterwards, it shouldn't be acceptable just because she doesn't promote. It's something she brings on herself. I don't know why Rihanna gets away with so many flops and Gaga gets criticised for not going to #1 all the time.

There are so many artists that have only one big hit from an album and there is not a problem about that. I dont know where is JT in UK, but Suit and tie was at best a moderate hit worldwide, with Mirrors beeing a hit and there is not a real problem. Look at the second part of the album, who didnt have a top 10 hit in US ( dont know about UK, but it is probably the same thing) and nobody sees something bad in the fact that he does a talk show.

If ARTPOP will sell less in the first week than Born this way it will be that disastrous for Gaga? There are albums and albums, eras and eras, singles and singles. Sometimes it is all about timing. Sometimes it needs more promotion. Rihanna had 2 huge hits with this album in UK and around the world, even if she didnt go no 1 in UK or another country. Thats not bad, considering that she had only 2 proper singles. Her label seems to experiment with her in some parts of the world and it seems that its working most of the time. Songs chart good, even without videos or promotion. I think that shows that she has a space for her that just waits for a real single and she doesnt have any problem.

Rihanna gets away with what you call flops, because almost everytime there are countries were that single is a hit.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many artists that have only one big hit from an album and there is not a problem about that. I dont know where is JT in UK, but Suit and tie was at best a moderate hit worldwide, with Mirrors beeing a hit and there is not a real problem. Look at the second part of the album, who didnt have a top 10 hit in US ( dont know about UK, but it is probably the same thing) and nobody sees something bad in the fact that he does a talk show.

If ARTPOP will sell less in the first week than Born this way it will be that disastrous for Gaga? There are albums and albums, eras and eras, singles and singles. Sometimes it is all about timing. Sometimes it needs more promotion. Rihanna had 2 huge hits with this album in UK and around the world, even if she didnt go no 1 in UK or another country. Thats not bad, considering that she had only 2 proper singles. Her label seems to experiment with her in some parts of the world and it seems that its working most of the time. Songs chart good, even without videos or promotion. I think that shows that she has a space for her that just waits for a real single and she doesnt have any problem.

Rihanna gets away with what you call flops, because almost everytime there are countries were that single is a hit.

praise  :clap:

two hits per album is good. unapologetic sold a good amount in the uk. 

i think Rihanna gets away with flops because her fanbase don't make such a big deal like LM's do with Gaga's singles. the GP couldn't care less about flops 

The days of having every single you release hit the top 10 are over. Has any female singer got even close to Madonnas crazy number of consecutive top 10 hits?

The Abbey Road Sessions still sold about 180k UK.

Topped many artists who had #1 singles (including Cheryl Cole who had the fastest selling single of 2012 with 152k).

Yes it did really well,  :worship:

It shows again that you can be a huge album seller artist without having a #1 hit. I'm expecting great sales for ARTPOP :)

We could use another fab contestant like Kitty Brucknell.

loved ha, such a great singer. i didnt like how they did all those editings to make her look like a diva though. people hated on her for the sake of hating  :(

Archived