💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Lana,Avicii & others promoted their songs? :wtf: Its a flop cause of 6th & this week. From 10 to 15 is quite a drop. Considering she is 22 on iTunes now, she'll suffer even bigger drop!

No, but Lana and Avicii's songs had a hell of a lot more radio support + are a lot more mainstream. Stop with the unwarranted negativity :wtf:

Oh, and no, it's not a flop. Accept that and move on.

iTunes Update

FzvMwo8.jpg

01. Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo

02. Roar - Katy Perry

03. Counting Stars - OneRepublic

04. You Make Me - Avicii

05. Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

06. Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake

07. Wake Me Up - Avicii

08. Burn - Ellie Goulding

09. What I Might Do (Radio Edit) - Ben Pearce

10. Sonnentanz (Sun Don’t Shine) [feat. Will Heard] - Klangkarussell

11. Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake

12. It's My Party - Jessie J

13. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

14. Skyscraper - Demi Lovato

15. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

16. Turn It Around (feat. Kele) - Sub Focus

17. Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo

18. The Wire - HAIM

19. Let Her Go - Passenger

20. Sexy Lady - Jessie J

21. We Own It (Fast & Furious) - 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa

22. Applause - Lady Gaga

23. Wings - Birdy

24. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

25. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

26. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

27. Strong - London Grammar

28. Earthquake (feat. Dominique Young Unique) [Edit] - DJ Fresh & Diplo

29. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? - Arctic Monkeys

30. Give It 2 U (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - Robin Thicke

31. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

32. What Doesn't Kill You - Jake Bugg

33. Things We Lost in the Fire - Bastille

34. It's My Party - Jessie J

35. Skinny Love - Birdy

36. Marry Me - Jason Derulo

37. Gold Digger (feat. Jamie Foxx) - Kanye West

38. Other Side of Love - Sean Paul

39. Love Me Again - John Newman

40. Leave (Get Out) - JoJo

Bubbling Under

51. Lose Yourself to Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

58. 23 (feat. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa & Juicy J) - Mike Will Made-It

75. Holes - Passenger

And Lana,Avicii & others promoted their songs? :wtf: Its a flop cause of 6th & this week. From 10 to 15 is quite a drop. Considering she is 22 on iTunes now, she'll suffer even bigger drop!

Why can't Gaga's success be defined on her own terms rather than others? Was Born This Way a flop because it didnt sell as much as 21, despite almost being at 1m sales? Is every other album in history a flop because it didn't sell as much as Thriller?

Applause is not the hit we hoped for. But it didn't flop. It got her back on the radio and TV. If it free-fell during the first week and never came back we could say it's a flop. That word is used WAY too much on this site, and the day Gaga has a lead single that ACTUALLY flops is gonna be hard for a lot of fans.....

Why can't Gaga's success be defined on her own terms rather than others? Was Born This Way a flop because it didnt sell as much as 21, despite almost being at 1m sales? Is every other album in history a flop because it didn't sell as much as Thriller?

Applause is not the hit we hoped for. But it didn't flop. It got her back on the radio and TV. If it free-fell during the first week and never came back we could say it's a flop. That word is used WAY too much on this site, and the day Gaga has a lead single that ACTUALLY flops is gonna be hard for a lot of fans.....

I mean, I'd love to know what he'd class You & I as, if Applause is a flop :smh:

SomethingMore

I mean, I'd love to know what he'd class You & I as, if Applause is a flop :smh:

I dont even consider You and I a single in the UK.

StrawberryBlond

Rihanna's going to be performing What Now on Alan Carr tonight. Weird how after all this time, she suddenly decides "Oh, I'll actually start promoting the album that's nearly a year old now!" It's rare for her to do a promo performance in the UK that's not her lead and/or second single and not performed on X Factor, so it's going to be interesting to see how this will fare on the charts. Considering that Unapologetic slipped out of the charts a few weeks ago after just 36 weeks (unheard of for her) and the public is used to hearing the lead single from her new album right about now, how it's going to fare is anyone's guess. Maybe she's realising that her star is starting to fade in the UK and she needs more than one annual performance here to keep on top. I'm just crossing my fingers that she isn't going to be on X Factor this year. She can't be. It would be the third promo performance from the same album and I don't think that would be allowed. Unless she really is featured on Sex Dreams.

Rihanna's going to be performing What Now on Alan Carr tonight. Weird how after all this time, she suddenly decides "Oh, I'll actually start promoting the album that's nearly a year old now!" It's rare for her to do a promo performance in the UK that's not her lead and/or second single and not performed on X Factor, so it's going to be interesting to see how this will fare on the charts. Considering that Unapologetic slipped out of the charts a few weeks ago after just 36 weeks (unheard of for her) and the public is used to hearing the lead single from her new album right about now, how it's going to fare is anyone's guess. Maybe she's realising that her star is starting to fade in the UK and she needs more than one annual performance here to keep on top. I'm just crossing my fingers that she isn't going to be on X Factor this year. She can't be. It would be the third promo performance from the same album and I don't think that would be allowed. Unless she really is featured on Sex Dreams.

You read too much into a small Rihanna tv performance. And she is soo far from having problems. Wait for her to put out a single and then a video and a live performance and if she doesnt go top 10, you could make your theory. I will wait for that to happen 2 times to actually make that theory. Until then she is selling stadiums in UK and she doesnt have any problem.

I dont even consider You and I a single in the UK.

Well it was, and it did quite good considering the genre of the song (any other pop female artist would have released a pop-rock country song like this and it would have been waaaaaaay worse)

Those are examples of songs by other female artists that TRULY did really bad  :

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild = #72

Britney - I wanna Go = #111

Kesha - C'mon = #70

Kylie Minogue - Flower = #96

Gwen Stefani - Now that you got it = #56

Rihanna - Hard = #42 (even if people think it wasnt released, it was properly released as the fourth single of 'Rated R')

Gaga is miles away from those kind of chart peaks.

Well it was, and it did quite good considering the genre of the song (any other pop female artist would have released a pop-rock country song like this and it would have been waaaaaaay worse)

Those are examples of songs by other female artists that TRULY did really bad  :

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild = #72

Britney - I wanna Go = #111

Kesha - C'mon = #70

Gwen Stefani - Now that you got it = #56

Rihanna - Hard = #42 (even if people think it wasnt released, it was properly released as the fourth single of 'Rated R')

Gaga is miles away from those kind of chart peaks.

:clap:

Why isn't applause selling more in the UK?

Radio One dropped it from their playlist and she did no promo while she was here

The Abbey Road Sessions still sold about 180k UK.

Topped many artists who had #1 singles (including Cheryl Cole who had the fastest selling single of 2012 with 152k).

StrawberryBlond

You read too much into a small Rihanna tv performance. And she is soo far from having problems. Wait for her to put out a single and then a video and a live performance and if she doesnt go top 10, you could make your theory. I will wait for that to happen 2 times to actually make that theory. Until then she is selling stadiums in UK and she doesnt have any problem.

I'm not judging on that performance, I'm talking about how she's been performing as a whole for the last two years. We Found Love was her only huge hit from TTT and the rest of the singles barely registered on our charts and had it not been for Where Have You Been, that era would have been a complete disaster. For the second album in a row, she only got one UK #1 despite performing her second single on the X Factor final which in the past got her a #1 easily. Unapologetic only debuted with 99,000 sales and fell out the charts after 36 weeks (TTT stayed around for well over a year despite zero promotion after the lead single). Yes, she still sells out venues here but the audience was not impressed with her latecoming and she got booed heavily for it. I looked about reviews for her shows on ticketmaster and it was filled with annoyed concert goers from all over the UK rating the show 1/5, saying that she showed up too late, her live singing was terrible and she lipsynched a lot and let the backing track do most of the work, that the best part of the show was when it ended and that they'll never pay to see her live again. Based on all of this, I'd say she's starting to wear thin on the UK public. And saying that she'd have to miss out on top 10 despite lots of promotion before you'd consider her fame to be dwindling, Rihanna has never promoted properly in the UK the way other popstars do. Her annual X Factor performance is about it. So, if she flops hard afterwards, it shouldn't be acceptable just because she doesn't promote. It's something she brings on herself. I don't know why Rihanna gets away with so many flops and Gaga gets criticised for not going to #1 all the time.

Archived