Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

LilJackoMonster

Katy's going to get her #1 for sure.

Can't wait to see her drop like a brick over the next couple of weeks though. It's already begun and it's just Monday. 

Still annoyed that Gaga has no more UK promo left. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy's going to get her #1 for sure.

Can't wait to see her drop like a brick over the next couple of weeks though. It's already begun and it's just Monday. 

Still annoyed that Gaga has no more UK promo left. 

Hahaha all her red updates, didn't think it would last long with such a boring song

Just wish Applause would gain on radio tho - still #11 -.-

An updated top 40 YTD is normally published on a Thursday so I'll post it then :]

All of the iTunes top 10 on red updates apart from Gaga :clap:

LilJackoMonster

I dislike Katy - not because I think she's rubbish - but because she started her career with risky and fun songs, now she's becoming less and less risky or innovative with each release; she's making it hard for me to like her :(

Radio does not love Gaga which is quite annoying. But Gaga is an album seller which in the grand scheme of things is bigger than singles. 

It's so weird that having a hit single is considered somewhat better than a hit album. Singles just promote the project but people seem to have started believing that singles are the be-all-end-all. It's silly really.

At the end of the day, this time in 20 years we'll look back on Gaga's albums and we'll remember how incredible they were. Is that going to be the case for 95% of other mainstream pop artists right now? Nope. It'll be more of a "remember We Found Love? that was a great song.." or a "remember Firework? that was a cute pop song". I'm NOT being shady when I say that, either. The majority of pop artists today just aren't bothered about putting out quality, timeless albums; they're here for a couple of #01 hit singles and that seems to be it.

glitterintheair

to be honest, fun. performed we are young on the x factor ages after its release and it boosted sales of the song and their album. it didn't make the song re-peak but every little helps in the grand scheme of things.

at the time i did think it was pointless to waste a slot performing an "old" song but it gave them more sales so...

maybe she could do a medley of a few songs on the final night, including applause. that would be good.

Applause did really well on iTunes today/yesterday. Jumped a spot and increased by like 0.03. Seems the various small promo spots have helped to a degree.

If tomorrow is another day like this, she COULD hit #4. It's gonna be interesting to see where she lands by Sunday.

GagaMyBlood95

Applause did really well on iTunes today/yesterday. Jumped a spot and increased by like 0.03. Seems the various small promo spots have helped to a degree.

If tomorrow is another day like this, she COULD hit #4. It's gonna be interesting to see where she lands by Sunday.

yes, she is heading in a really good direction right now!

bornthisway51

Yup and she's now down to #6 Considering Born This Way sold over 600,000 copies in the UK in 2011, I'm starting to wonder where all her fans have gone... How has applause barely crossed 100,000? I am going to hold onto the fact that not enough people have heard it and that sales will continue to hold strong...

SomethingMore

Yup and she's now down to #6 Considering Born This Way sold over 600,000 copies in the UK in 2011, I'm starting to wonder where all her fans have gone... How has applause barely crossed 100,000? I am going to hold onto the fact that not enough people have heard it and that sales will continue to hold strong...

Compared to other big music markets, its doing great in the UK. Another week of +30,000 copies sold. 

Born This Way sold 600k *to date*, not the three weeks that Applause has so far had. 

Archived