💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

Why Katy's lead is SO BIG?

Isnt she not that big in UK before. Roar's success in unbelievable indeed.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Katy's lead is SO BIG?

Isnt she not that big in UK before. Roar's success in unbelievable indeed.

it was release only yesterday on UK.

Dangerous Man

it was release only yesterday on UK.

Yeah thanks, but no one thought it would do that great I guess.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SomethingMore

0.1564  0.1505 

Great update! 

If Katy keeps this lead she'll sell more than 250,000 :rip:

Gaga is getting good promo here at the moment, the BBC Breakfast interview provides to an older market than teenagers...

Those who are a little behind in pop culture and might not know the single is out. 

GET DAT PROMO GAGS

Yay! :party: Doing really well this morning. Must be thanks to the promo.

Did anybody listen to the Nick Grimshaw interview?

No I will listen soon, was it good?

bornthisway51

Ugh these itunes updates are good, but they are nowhere near enough. And since when did Katy Perry have such a massive UK fan base?

Ugh these itunes updates are good, but they are nowhere near enough. And since when did Katy Perry have such a massive UK fan base?

Nowhere near enough what? She's at number five which is what her official peak was, this song is having great longevity... Especially considering how it was looking in the first few days.

She doesn't have a big UK fan base but it has had huge radio airplay for weeks since it was released WW, and it also had weeks of pre-orders which contributed to its massive lead. This is what was expected.

For the next album, Gaga should do a similar strategic move like Katy did with Roar. Build up those preorder sales for a strong first week

For the next album, Gaga should do a similar strategic move like Katy did with Roar. Build up those preorder sales for a strong first week

We need to wait and see if that will be good for Roar in the long run before we suggest that though.

Think about it - by this point, Roar has been in the face of the UK public now for pretty much the same amount of time as Applause. It's even had more airplay. So theoretically these first week sales will largely come from the people that have heard it in the past 3 weeks, which is a lot of people - it's already top 5 on radio.

Her label has done it well though. Cos the video doesn't come out for another few days which should keep it afloat, then she's over here at the end of the month to close the iTunes festival and her team will probably get her on Alan Carr or Jonathon/Graham if they're back on by that point. So it has a chance of longevity but could still face a massive drop - we all know how fickle the UK public is.

Yay! :party: Doing really well this morning. Must be thanks to the promo.

No I will listen soon, was it good?

No idea I missed it xD

Archived