Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

It hasn't been sent to radio, and they've decided to make it ineligible to chart. #PolydorLogic  :lolgaga:

Its possible that the reason is because Venus was supposed to be second single. If DWUW wouldnt not chart, Venus could have chart instead. If DWUW would have chart, Venus who was the second single until yesterday would have not chart because of that rule about only 2 singles eligible to chart from a preorder album.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her label made it ineligible before decide it to replace Venus. This way, Venus would have not been ineligible in UK. But not that the things has changed, DWUW wont chart. Maybe they can do something.

I'm thinking they would have changed that already had it been the case. Also the fact it hasn't been sent to radio yet. I'm hoping that Venus will still be the single here, it's literally the only logical thing that could explain this whole mess. But then again, I'm talking in terms of standard, commonsensical industry logic. That's very different to #PolydorLogic :derpga:

Well it's been fun! See ya next era! :)

:laughga: i'm just kidding, i'm not much of a meltdowner, but seriously... what the **** is going on :flop:

Same, I'm usually pretty good at staying positive and being reasonable during these ****storms, but this is really weird.. I'm not having a meltdown and I'm not disappointed because I think there is an explanation and I think they do have a plan. I just wanna know what the **** that plan is

--------------

The falling on iTunes is to be expected because it was only released as a promo single with not much hype, and the pre-orders are what sent it really high. So I'm not too bothered about that. It's never good to see her slipping but there's nothing at the moment that would keep her up, so why would she still be holding on? We still have The X Factor on Sunday to REALLY help whatever it is she performs, so the panicking in this thread is actually a little premature atm. We just need confirmation of what's actually happening before we can decide they've ****ed up the era.

StrawberryBlond

Can't somebody tweet Interscope and Polydor and ask them what the hell the new single situation is in the UK? It's disgraceful that her fans are being left in the dark and have no clue about what's happening next. If even the fanbase is confused, how can we expect the public to understand? We have a right to know what's happening on Sunday.

I also think it's interesting that on Polydor's Twitter, they called DWUW her 'new song' and NOT 'new single'. However, this was before Gaga made the announcement so who knows...

Please tell me that DWUW is not able to chart only THIS WEEK right?

I fail to see why it would start in the charts next week.

TEOG and Hair charted because they were released as seperate singles.

It looks like they wont release a seperate DWUW single... and at this rate Venus will have the same faith.

So far = she is still planned to do Venus on X factor and it wont be able to chart next week  :sweat:

So far = she is still planned to do Venus on X factor and it wont be able to chart next week  :sweat:

Oh dear, what a mess all of this is  :lmao:

But why wouldn't DWUW be able to chart unless the label stepped in and told the OCC they didn't want it to? Katy had 2 songs from the same album chart before release.

Maybe Venus will be released as a standalone single and not be available with pre-orders or something.

Ellie Sioux

I'm thinking they would have changed that already had it been the case. Also the fact it hasn't been sent to radio yet. I'm hoping that Venus will still be the single here, it's literally the only logical thing that could explain this whole mess. But then again, I'm talking in terms of standard, commonsensical industry logic. That's very different to #PolydorLogic :derpga:

Same, I'm usually pretty good at staying positive and being reasonable during these ****storms, but this is really weird.. I'm not having a meltdown and I'm not disappointed because I think there is an explanation and I think they do have a plan. I just wanna know what the **** that plan is

--------------

The falling on iTunes is to be expected because it was only released as a promo single with not much hype, and the pre-orders are what sent it really high. So I'm not too bothered about that. It's never good to see her slipping but there's nothing at the moment that would keep her up, so why would she still be holding on? We still have The X Factor on Sunday to REALLY help whatever it is she performs, so the panicking in this thread is actually a little premature atm. We just need confirmation of what's actually happening before we can decide they've ****ed up the era.

the whole "3 promo singles during the premier of an official second single" thing was never a good idea :smh: 

I fail to see why it would start in the charts next week.

TEOG and Hair charted because they were

released as seperate singles.

It looks like they wont release a seperate DWUW

single... and at this rate Venus will have the same

faith.

So far = she is still planned to do Venus on X factor and it wont be able to chart next week

:sweat:

If 'Venus' is the 2nd single here and 'DWUW' remains ineligible, then the former won't be affected. :confused:

Ready to track 'Whatever That May Be'. :flop:

But why wouldn't DWUW be able to chart unless the label stepped in and told the OCC they didn't want it to? Katy had 2 songs from the same album chart before release.

Maybe Venus will be released as a standalone single and not be available with pre-orders or something.

Was 'Dark Horse' released as a seperate single ? If not, how did it peaked at #21 ? 

Was 'Dark Horse' released as a seperate single ? If not, how did it peaked at #21 ? 

Nope, it came with the album pre-order. Just like DWUW has. Which is why I'm wondering if Polydor has stepped in and asked the OCC to make it ineligible so that Venus can be the one song left from the album allowed to chart pre-release.

Alternatively, as Florin suggested, maybe they simply haven't had time to change all of the plans yet due to the incredibly sudden announcements, and DWUW is actually going to be the new single. In which case it might end up being eligible to chart soon.

Nope, it came with the album pre-order. Just like DWUW has. Which is why I'm wondering if Polydor has stepped in and asked the OCC to make it ineligible so that Venus can be the one song left from the album allowed to chart pre-release.

Alternatively, as Florin suggested, maybe they simply haven't had time to change all of the plans yet due to the incredibly sudden announcements, and DWUW is actually going to be the new single. In which case it might end up being eligible to chart soon.

If that became the case, would they be allowed to count sales from the past few days or just from the point of gaining eligibility?

Archived