UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they made the promo singles unable to chart to prevent any confusion from the GP about which song is the new single, having 3 songs out in 3 weeks could be confusing if all of them were allowed to be played on radio/tv so by making them unable to chart yet able to chart on iTunes they get the promo for the album without the confusion (apart from Venus which I assume was planned to be released as a standalone single to be eligible to chart). Of course a spanner has been thrown in the works now with DWUW, unless they go ahead and release Venus as a standalone on Sunday as planned and make that the 2nd single here.

Ellie Sioux

Summerboy (Remix) feat. Simon Cowell

well if simon's involved, it'd probably be a hit! :ohwell:

if she performs venus and venus doesn't end up being a single here, then I just....... :lmao:

god I know :lmao: jase do you know if DWUW has been sent to radio or...?

Depends. I'm praying that they decided to make DWUW ineligible to make way for Venus, due to the already planned XF performance of it.

The playlisting issue however does mean that even if Venus is the single, it won't be on Radio 1 for at least a week after it's release.

SomethingMore

Wait. So the sales wont even count?!

Thats unfair !! She sold a lot of copies without the pre-order !

well if simon's involved, it'd probably be a hit! :ohwell:

god I know :lmao: jase do you know if DWUW has been sent to radio or...?

It hasn't been sent to radio, and they've decided to make it ineligible to chart. #PolydorLogic  :lolgaga:

Depends. I'm praying that they decided to make DWUW ineligible to make way for Venus, due to the already planned XF performance of it.

The playlisting issue however does mean that even if Venus is the single, it won't be on Radio 1 for at least a week after it's release.

Do they not have some kind of system that allows for a song to be added during the week if its really popular on iTunes?

Do they not have some kind of system that allows for a song to be added during the week if its really popular on iTunes?

Nope they will only update the playlist every Wednesday, which then kicks into effect on the following Monday. They can play songs outside of the playlist if they like though, for example DWUW was actually played once yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it's down to the DJ if they want to do that. They just have to play songs on the playlist a certain amount of times throughout the week.

I think her label made it ineligible before decide it to replace Venus. This way, Venus would have not been ineligible in UK. But not that the things has changed, DWUW wont chart. Maybe they can do something.

Ellie Sioux

It hasn't been sent to radio, and they've decided to make it ineligible to chart. #PolydorLogic  :lolgaga:

Well it's been fun! See ya next era! :)

:laughga: i'm just kidding, i'm not much of a meltdowner, but seriously... what the **** is going on :flop:

Nope they will only update the playlist every Wednesday, which then kicks into effect on the following Monday. They can play songs outside of the playlist if they like though, for example DWUW was actually played once yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it's down to the DJ if they want to do that. They just have to play songs on the playlist a certain amount of times throughout the week.

God :fail:  And we all know most of the R1 DJ's hate Gaga apart from Scott Mills so theres no hope :toofunga:

Archived