Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingMore

Won't Venus be ineligible to chart due to the album pre-order rule?

Dark Horse charted at #21.

From atrl:

You're only allowed 2 songs from a pre-order album to chart. That's why Katy's WOA didn't but DH did. I'm not sure if you can choose to swap, though. i.e. When Venus is released, they can choose for DWUW to drop out and Venus to replace it.

No idea how the UK works, someone confirm?

Dark Horse charted?

I think they changed the rule so that only two songs can chart from an album pre-order, hence Roar & DH charted but WOA didn't despite being top 10 on iTunes as said above.

From atrl:

They must have something planned as I'm sure they're not stupid enough to book an X Factor performance if it's not eligible  :rip:

If it robs Gaga off a #1 though

Arturo

From atrl:

Chart where though? Top 100? Top 40 (cause Applause isn't top 40) 

I hope this doesn't become a mess.

That is such a strange system... 

If that's true, maybe that's why gaga hasn't tweeted about dwuw much, she may have "chosen" it to not chart, to allow venus to do so? Idk

Arturo

I really hope that means the highest ones (Venus + Applause) will be the 2 that are picked.

A song can't be #1 on iTunes and be denied of a #1. I'm sure they'll just not let DWUW chart.

That would be one of the biggest corruptions in her career.

I really hope that means the highest ones (Venus + Applause) will be the 2 that are picked.

A song can't be #1 on iTunes and be denied of a #1. I'm sure they'll just not let DWUW chart.

That would be one of the biggest corruptions in her career.

If it does deny her of a #1 then they might change the rules during the week. Earlier this year the rule was no pre-order songs eligible to chart full stop, but then David Bowie went #1 on iTunes and was nowhere to seen on the midweek update. People were confused and then by Sunday the OOC conveniently changed the rules and made out like it wasn't ineligible from the start :rip:

Omg imagine if Venus wasn't allowed to chart and they didn't realise :rip: The MELTDOWNS would be like nothing we've seen before

Arturo

Omg imagine if Venus wasn't allowed to chart and they didn't realise :rip: The MELTDOWNS would be like nothing we've seen before

:wtf: I would have the biggest Gaga meltdown EVER.

I'm SURE they'll only let the highest 2 chart. It doesn't make sense at all to not let a song at (hopefully) #1 not become #1 when Applause or DWUW (OR BOTH FOR ALL I CARE) can be removed from the chart.

Ok, so when WOA was released, Roar and DH were the only ones to chart.

Was DH still selling more when WOA was released? Does anyone know?

i hope Polydor know what's going on concerning Venus and pre orders. Hopefully it'll be fine

I find it hard to believe that we would've clocked onto this before people that actually work in the industry. They probably know the chart rule book backwards. I'm sure they'll have something planned.

Archived