UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

APPLAUSE dropped from 5 to 9 with the sales of 32,893

I expected a little higher sales, but still top 10!

Quite a lot of people on twitter are watching the VMAs for Miley's train wreck, so they may catch Applawse

Applause is the only song in the top ten that got a green update :)

:party:

Crazy to think Ellie is gonna have three weeks at number one with such a dull song

Robotboy

:party:

Crazy to think Ellie is gonna have three weeks at number one with such a dull song

im so happy for her and burn is probably my favorite song this year so far :yes:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

LilJackoMonster

im so happy for her and burn is probably my favorite song this year so far :yes:

You know, Ellie is one of those people I feel that I should like, but I just find her voice to be so unlistenable! 

It's so breathy and distracting. Which is really odd because that's the main reason people seem to hate Diana Vickers and I love Diana to bits!

And I find Burn to be atrocious. Vocals aide, it's so boring. It sounds dated and beyond generically written. In some ways I resent Gaga for putting the theory in future artists' minds that repeating/ stuttering words will work regardless of the song. 

I mean, Ellie had a mild hit with 'Anything Could Happen' and OH MY GOD how many times did she actually have to say 'Anything Could Happen'. It was like a joke. 

In terms of Gaga, I can definitely see Applause going Top 3 in the next few weeks. Not a #1 hit unfortunately. I daresay with XFactor promo and a GP friendly 2nd single she'll have that #1 in the bag,

Archived