UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

R1's new playlist should be up any time. Let's hope they add Gaga!

Excited for it to be revealed :excited2:

R1's new playlist should be up any time. Let's hope they add Gaga!

They better!  :grr:

Hope they will support her more as they dropped Applause pretty quick from their playlist.

Please playlist DWUW omg, even if it's C-List. I just want regular spins.

I hope they get a lyric video out soonish that they can show on TV until the real video comes along.

this season they're more or less equal being between 3 and 4 million viewers, whereas alan carr struggles to hit 1.7 million. jonathan seems to have gained this season. towards the end of last season he was struggling to hit 3 million. i think jonathan loses a lot of viewers through match of the day (and some through xtra factor). i hope she does go on jonathan at some point in this era.

having said all of that, because of the format of jonathan's show, people may watch it and then switch it over after seeing the first guest (he usually puts the biggest guest first) so graham is better promo. plus people get tired of the ad breaks on jonathan.

Yeah I think you're right. Graham is definitely a better promo, it seems to have more of an effect. I think that might be due to the audience they attract. They do appeal to a very similar demographic, but I'd say the people that watch Graham are more likely to be slightly younger, and more interested in current entertainment (movies/music/TV etc) - therefore more inclined to buy music digitally. But Jonathan would have a broader range of guests on, and perhaps a slightly older regular audience?

glitterintheair

Yeah I think you're right. Graham is definitely a better promo, it seems to have more of an effect. I think that might be due to the audience they attract. They do appeal to a very similar demographic, but I'd say the people that watch Graham are more likely to be slightly younger, and more interested in current entertainment (movies/music/TV etc) - therefore more inclined to buy music digitally. But Jonathan would have a broader range of guests on, and perhaps a slightly older regular audience?

yeah i think so! this all sounds just about right.

loads of jonathan's viewers are likely to be watching through routine because he's been doing this forever, whereas graham's viewers are likely to be watching and paying more attention because he has a-listers on his sofa. graham is definitely the more 'happening' show of the two. clever of her to go to graham for the album release. it's the most important!

ON THE C-LIST!!!!!

that's a good start!!

hopefully A-List by the time it can actually chart + MV

VforVendetta

If Gaga had also performed Applause on the X-Factor she could have given the song great longevity and even help it to become gold. Maybe she shouldn't have performed Venus.

It is not normal for R1 to start songs on C List.

Long as it moves up next week.

What? Yes it is. That's where they usually start lol

C List of past couple of weeks:

23/10

2 Chainz - Used 2

* Bastille - Of The Night

Foals - Out Of The Woods

* Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World

* Joel Compass - Run

* Justin Timberlake - TKO

Laura Mvula - Sing To The Moon

* Naughty Boy (ft. Wiz Khalifa & Ella Eyre) - Think About It

* One Direction - Story Of My Life

* Rudimental (ft. Emeli Sandé) - Free

16/10

* 2 Chainz - Used 2

* Bruno Mars - Gorilla

Foals - Out Of The Woods

* Jay Z - Tom Ford

* Kodaline - All I Want

Laura Mvula - Sing To The Moon

Little Mix - Move

* Taylor Swift (ft. Gary Lightbody) - The Last Time

* The Killers - Shot At the Night

The Vamps - Can We Dance

9/10

Foals - Out Of The Woods

* Frank Turner - Oh, Brother

* Katy B - 5 AM

* Laura Mvula - Sing To The Moon

* Little Mix - Move

* Luke Sital-Singh - Nothing Stays The Same

* Martin Garrix - Animals

* Rizzle Kicks - Skip To The Good Bit

The Vamps - Can We Dance

* The 1975 - Girls

etc etc.

('*' indicates a new addition to the C List)

----

Eminem & Rihanna also put straight onto the C-List this week so this should shape up to be a big hit

340k for PRISM in UK and US combined. A few weeks ago I was thinking she'd do more than that in US alone tbh.

To think Gaga did something like 250k in the UK alone makes me so happy

Archived