Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

but dis is the uk fam

I gave an example. I used the US facts because I remember them much better thab the UK ones...

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M

I've come up with a real great release strategy for the UK...they should remove DWUW off I tunes now...then on Sunday put up Venus as a individual single on I tunes(promo single)..then she performs a little bit of DWUW (build hype) anf full Venus..then Venus charts highly in the UK because of X factor that week...then Venus falls down the charts..then she performs DWUW on Grahem Norton and releases it with the album(after few weeks airlpay and possibly video like most singles released in the UK..because if she releases DWUW now it would be messy.because of the promo singles and mixed up release)..who agrees?go tell her management?

M

I've come up with a real great release strategy for the UK...they should remove DWUW off I tunes now...then on Sunday put up Venus as a individual single on I tunes(promo single)..then she performs a little bit of DWUW (build hype) anf full Venus..then Venus charts highly in the UK because of X factor that week...then Venus falls down the charts..then she performs DWUW on Grahem Norton and releases it with the album(after few weeks airlpay and possibly video like most singles released in the UK..because if she releases DWUW now it would be messy.because of the promo singles and mixed up release)..who agrees?go tell her management?

I have a feeling you posted this earlier

Well as of the midweeks this morning, she has sold 62.6k total this week so far, if that helps you at all. Let us know if you working anything interesting out please :)

Royals is at 62.6k as of today's update with two more days to go.

So 62.6K in 5 days is 12.5K per day if it is holding steady.  So the number of itunes UK pre-orders of ARTPOP that were made available suddenly when DWUW was released was about 12.5K.   If the corresponding US figure is around 85K and US:UK albums should be around 3.1 sales ratio, then might expect UK itunes preorders to be 85K/3 = 28K but it is less than half that.  That fits with the itunes single figures vs Royals where in the UK, the preorders only got DWUW to just to #1, but in the US it more than doubled Lorde's itunes figure.

However, I expect what we are seeing is that a greater proportion of pre-orders in the US will be via itunes; in the UK it will be mostly physical preorders, and we know that Amazon have been getting big ARTPOP preorders here.

So 62.6K in 5 days is 12.5K per day if it is holding steady.  So the number of itunes UK pre-orders of ARTPOP that were made available suddenly when DWUW was released was about 12.5K.   If the corresponding US figure is around 85K and US:UK albums should be around 3.1 sales ratio, then might expect UK itunes preorders to be 85K/3 = 28K but it is less than half that.  That fits with the itunes single figures vs Royals where in the UK, the preorders only got DWUW to just to #1, but in the US it more than doubled Lorde's itunes figure.

However, I expect what we are seeing is that a greater proportion of pre-orders in the US will be via itunes; in the UK it will be mostly physical preorders, and we know that Amazon have been getting big ARTPOP preorders here.

Out of interest, if you were to predict UK and US first week sales for ARTPOP, what kind of numbers would you go for?

everything still messy? :spin:

Well duh what kind of world would we live in if everything was going smoothly  :ohwell:

Ellie Sioux

Out of interest, if you were to predict UK and US first week sales for ARTPOP, what kind of numbers would you go for?

Well duh what kind of world would we live in if everything was going smoothly :ohwell:

well, no world involving interscope :oops:

wait why is everyone still awake?! go to sleeeeeep :nick:

well, no world involving interscope :oops:

wait why is everyone still awake?! go to sleeeeeep

no you go to sleep YOU

before i sleep i'm gonna blast off to a new dimension in my bedroom

#venus

Ellie Sioux

no you go to sleep YOU

before i sleep i'm gonna blast off to a new dimension in my bedroom

#venus

UK charts lady, i'm getting sleepy

*pyjama panty*

VENUS

UK charts lady, i'm getting sleepy

*pyjama panty*

VENUS

applause at number 129, take the new single off the chart

off the chart

vEnUS

I swear to god if Gaga shows up on X Factor and Graham in this whole bat**** crazy contact lense barefoot bleached eyebrows look I'm gonna be piiiiiissed.

Firstly because I am not feeling it at all. And secondly because when she comes out on The X Factor, if we listen really closely, we will probably be able to physically HEAR the eyeballs of the entire UK public rolling simultaneously.

GagaMyBlood95

I think she should perform Applause(to get it back into TOP 20) and then DWUW obviously...

Archived