UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first weekend she's in London in ages, and I'm leaving to go back home :rip:

Exact same thing here

Wait.

PRISM sold only 40k so far?

Yep

A new woman at work (she's 49) stans gaga, she said that she loved her music, and how weird she was and that she had an amazing voice, I was so proud cry.gif

So, if DWUW is made an official single is there any way they'll let it chart?

I'm a bit confused as to why it's the second pre-order song, when Applause is the only other song officially released?

I won't die, but I can't live without you

They probably told them they didn't want DWUW to chart b/c Venus was the second single 

I'm hoping this is the case and they will remove it from the album pre-order on Sunday and put it up as a single

dayum :( we could have stalked her hotel togeva! 

I know! It would've been so fun :(

I'm hoping this is the case and they will remove it from the album pre-order on Sunday and put it up as a single

I know! It would've been so fun :(

fgs gaga why come on the weekend you know we are busy ****in hell 

Looking at the pictures of her, you might have been better off staying away  :awkney:

BURRRRN

Looking at the pictures of her, you might have been better off staying away  :awkney:

-snaps fingers in a Z formation-

fgs gaga why come on the weekend you know we are busy ****in hell 

We need to just accept that she has never, and will never, make life easy for us UK Chart Thread mandem. Never.

We need to just accept that she has never, and will never, make life easy for us UK Chart Thread mandem. Never.

she hates us, Harry, she hates us

VforVendetta

Is that why this year songs such as We Can't Stop and Roar opened to huge numbers when they were available for weeks (maybe even months) in the rest of the world? If people have the intent to buy a song they like then they will. If they are in the mindset to illegally download something, they will do so whether it is available on iTunes or not.

The Official Chart Company have a rule where albums that have songs available as part of the pre-order, like ARTPOP, can only have one song chart before the album is released. So Applause has taken up that quota for ARTPOP.

The reasoning behind this is because they argue that people are actually just paying the price for the whole album when it is ultimately released, and not for the specific single. Even though, obviously not EVERYONE that has bought DWUW has pre-ordered the album. They should, imo, just take out the sales of the song that came from the pre-orders, and base it's chart position on the purchases of the song alone. I don't know why they don't do that.

I don't actually agee with this because it will have probably happened also to you to love a song but after a 2-3 weeks to get bored of it. If the song isn't available when you want it there is a big possibility that you won't be interested later...

I don't actually agee with this because it will have probably happened also to you to love a song but after a 2-3 weeks to get bored of it. If the song isn't available when you want it there is a big possibility that you won't be interested later...

Yeah that can be true sometimes but it has been proven time and time again that the delayed release strategy in the UK is effective. I'm not saying Gaga should do it in this instance, especially cos of her X Factor performance being so close. But holding off a release is definitely not always bad.

Archived