💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I'm over it too, because I feel she really doesn't give a **** about the UK

It seems like she see's some kind of beauty in this, but it's just messy... She's worked hard on this and I feel like it's not going to get recognised because it won't even chart at all. That's nothing to do with "wanting success" it's to do with rules that she's ignoring.

I honestly don't want her to fade in the UK... but she will. She already is... and it's not because people hate her, it's because there's so many roadblocks... that could easily be moved.

Agreed. She's focusing way too much on the US this era and I can't understand why. Gaga's always been so loving of all her worldwide fans, has done promotion all over the world, and as we saw with TBTWB, she's prepared to travel to every continent and perform in as many countries as she can so all her fans can see her. I did not expect this era to be so lacking in promotion considering how BTW ended up. I hope she doesn't think that the lukewarm demand for her UK shows translates as a country she doesn't need to bother about much anymore. Like you say, it's not that people don't like her - it's just that they don't know she has a new single out or the release of the single is screwed up. And in a way, that's more frustrating than if people hated her. Then you have no expectations and have learned to accept that she's not got a big fanbase here. Knowing that she could get hits so easily if she just promoted more, did the right kind of promotion and released on Sundays/Mondays drives me crazy. I don't want to remember her for this in years to come: "The artist who could have been massive for years in the UK if she just had the right schedule." The UK doesn't care about what songs are big in America. We dance to the beat of our own drum, as evidenced by our charts. If she doesn't play to our rules, she's not going to chart, people won't know she has a new song out and she flops. Promotion and immediate releases are the name of the game in the UK. If you don't care about us, we won't care about you.

If she performs Venus on Sunday and it's a promotional single the next day, the public WILL download it as if it were an official single. The public don't differentiate between the two, so the fact that it isn't the official second single is irrelevant. She could still have a hit next week if and only if, the public get behind it because it looks like the preorder instant grat sales won't count for it. If fans have to cancel their preorder and re-order a week before release, so be it. We cannot let this potential hit slip through our fingers. Gaga insists that she doesn't want to be a singles artist and is selling a complete album experience to the public. This means that she'd rather people bought her albums than her singles. But if she doesn't promote right or not at all, she's not going to sell, is she? It's not just her singles I'm concerned about, it's her album too. Successful singles by big popstars like Gaga translate into album sales. So, if her single flops, it's not going to bode well for the first few weeks of ARTPOP sales. This makes me a little bit thankful that she is releasing when she is. She'll hopefully fuel a lot of Christmas sales that she wouldn't have if she'd released earlier.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course a song which apparently sounds like the next Bad Romance was cancelled as a single. Of course. :rofl:

DWUW down to #12.

of course a song which apparently sounds like the next Bad Romance was cancelled as a single. Of course. :rofl:

DWUW down to #12.

normally i would be so pressed about a second single flopping like this but it cant even chart so :flop:

Guys ONE fan said Venus is 'the next Bad Romance'... that phrase has been overused time and time again. Are we really gonna take one opinion and run with it as fact? Pinch of salt people

As far as I'm concerned we don't have a current single right now. Nothing is on radio, nothing has been given any promo at all. Once the release is sorted and launched properly we can talk about flop but there's no point at the moment.

On the UK Lady GaGa site it says that DWYW is the second worldwide single. It says stay tuned on Sunday for the x Factor performance but doesn't say what song xD

normally i would be so pressed about a second single flopping like this but it cant even chart so :flop:

Most singles go down after a few days after their release. We should wait for the song's full run + I'm sure Interscope will do something about the charting problem.

Guys ONE fan said Venus is 'the next Bad Romance'... that phrase has been overused time and time again. Are we really gonna take one opinion and run with it as fact? Pinch of salt people

Knowing our luck right now? ABSOLUTELY.

Out of curiosity....will Gaga be the first popstar to perform a non-single /album track on the X-factor while they have a new single freshly out ?  :sweat:

Out of curiosity....will Gaga be the first popstar to perform a non-single /album track on the X-factor while they have a new single freshly out ?  :sweat:

yep, i guess that's what's makes it a worldwide exclusive :derpga:

Archived