Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

That's not fair, I'm not getting stuck with the mess that is DWUWs release in the US while the world gets Venus. If she's doing Venus anywhere it'd better be worldwide.

This would've never happened if she just stood by the original plans and thought this through more clearly

At least DWUW would have time to sort itself out in the US. It physically can't chart here. It looks bad now but I'm sure it will fix up soon.

I just don't understand why her team are still allowing themselves to get overexcited and make rash decisions like this? You would've thought they might have learnt to approach decisions like this with more caution by now

Oh well, I'm sure it will end up being okay in the end. It usually does.

would applause have gone #1 if it was released on monday?

I don't think so. It debuted at #5 and wasn't very close to #1 so I doubt one day would've made a difference. If she stuck to the original release date, maybe.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

I just don't want America at the short end of the stick here, we don't deserve a half assed rushed single era either!

God damn Interscope.

Everyone was so happy just 24 hours ago

justalovegame

Isn't the simplest solution to this to make Venus a single on iTunes not connected to the album? Or would tht still not chart?

Why isn't there a general world chart discussion thread? The us one just gets cluttered with posts referring to everywhere anyway...

The chart world outside US-UK would make a good topic - because threads for countries like Canada tend to drop off for lack of interest.

This would've never happened if she just stood by the original plans and thought this through more clearly

i blame interscope so ****ing much

GagaMyBlood95

Yeah, interscope is a ****ing mess, idk why...

She should just release Venus as the official second single WW, and let DWUW stay second single for the US... + put Venus as a separate single so it can actually chart and THEN perform it on X Factor..

Isn't the simplest solution to this to make Venus a single on iTunes not connected to the album? Or would tht still not chart?

Yes, that is literally the simplest and most logical solution. So let's hope they do it.

I just don't want America at the short end of the stick here, we don't deserve a half assed rushed single era either!

God damn Interscope.

Yeah I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to literally just ditch a whole single era that was about to start, which I can only imagine has been thought out for months now. Performances, fashion, THE VIDEO. I mean single #2 was supposed to be the worldwide smash that changed everything in the weeks leading up to the album. Now we have this. I mean were they just expecting it to peak at like #24 on iTunes worldwide? Obviously it was gonna go high.

bumblebee

Can't somebody tweet Interscope and Polydor and ask them what the hell the new single situation is in the UK? It's disgraceful that her fans are being left in the dark and have no clue about what's happening next. If even the fanbase is confused, how can we expect the public to understand? We have a right to know what's happening on Sunday.

:tea:

let's spam the heck out of Interscope and Polydor 

BlondeKingOfGGD

Yes this is the perfect solution cos then she can get #1 with x factor but knowing interscope they wont do this :(

The Venus era was pure joy for me - everything going well, Applause longevity, hyped about the 2nd single, proud that Gaga was sticking to dance and being herself while other pop girls did boring radio ballads.

Americano

She should just release Venus as the official second single WW, and let DWUW stay second single for the US... + put Venus as a separate single so it can actually chart and THEN perform it on X Factor..

Bitch please! If you get Venus we deserve it too!

bumblebee

It seems like VENUS is too good to be the UK single only. I am more worried about her performance: knowing Gaga, she always plans her performances in advance, and now they changed the song overnight. 

CAN YOU ALL IMAGINE THE MELTDOWNS IF SHE DOESN'T APPEAR AT THE X-FACTOR SHOW  :dead:

GagaMyBlood95

Bitch please! If you get Venus we deserve it too!

Me? I don't get anything, I don't live in the UK nor in the US lol   

I'm just telling what's best for Gaga atm...

CAN YOU ALL IMAGINE THE MELTDOWNS IF SHE DOESN'T APPEAR AT THE X-FACTOR SHOW  :dead:

She'll definitely appear, it's just a question of what she'll be performing...

Archived