đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a stupid rule though. You have to PAY for the song whether it's part of the pre-order or if it's released on it's own. Fair enough take it out of the total sales once the album is released, but it just doesn't make sense at this point really.

They MUST release Venus as a standalone, and just let DWUW and Dope do what they were originally intended to do, which is boost pre-orders. If Venus comes out with the album.... Ugh.

I'm calm about this because she has promo in the UK for Venus... i'm just scared she's gonna release it the same way as DWUW and we will have a mess again.

if she has it as a separate single, things will be fine for her in the UK.

imagine if..

DWUW is confirmed as a worldwide single [even though it can't chart here]

She still performs Venus on the X-Factor here [even though it won't chart + no promo given to the ACTUAL second single]

By Nov 11 (when they can chart), nobody will really care anymore

Good times. :hehe:

I think Gaga would have mentioned it IF DWUW was only a US single. I definitely think it's worldwide, especially considering she tweeted "worldwide response"

Basically, we're well and truly ****ed. :)

They will have seen the comment in the OCC article now, or have contacted them. They know what's going on if we do. We can't have DWUW now because it wouldn't work, so hopefully Venus will stay.

I'm calm about this because she has promo in the UK for Venus... i'm just scared she's gonna release it the same way as DWUW and we will have a mess again.

if she has it as a separate single, things will be fine for her in the UK.

Basically this. It's all they need to do, and we can be excited about her prospects again like we were when they announced her as a performer on Sunday night.

If they wanna be stupid enough to release it via ARTPOP pre-orders, then we won't have a second single in the UK until after ARTPOP is released.

Venus needs to continue as it is in europe, but be realised separate to the album version

problem solved... Venus is a single in the UK, but a promo single in the US.

I agree. Let there be two singles at once.

How much say does Polydor have on UK singles? I know in Kylie's case, her US label once demanded a different single from X (All I See) than any released by Parlophone in UK.

I agree. Let there be two singles at once.

How much say does Polydor have on UK singles? I know in Kylie's case, her US label once demanded a different single from X (All I See) than any released by Parlophone in UK.

I don't know how much say Polydor have but I would hope that Gaga herself, as well as her team, would make it in their best interests to see that her new single is actually allowed to chart.

THE ONLY GOOD WHICH CAN COME OUT OF THIS

Venus is confirmed as a UK single

Venus ISN'T released as a promo single in the UK

She performs Venus on the X-Factor

Radio 1 + others THEN playlist Venus (this time next week)

Venus video comes a week or so before Nov 11

ARTPOP arrives on Nov 11, people can cherrypick Venus from the album enough for it to go at LEAST top 3 because it would be chart eligible by then (and it would go top 3 at least. x-factor/big radio spins/video exposure) We know songs normally do well here when they're held back, so it's pretty much a guarantee that we'd have a big smash on our hands

OR just go with the original Venus plan and release it on Sunday but make it clear that it's NOT a promo single (this probably won't happen)

=================

Saying this, I have a ghastly feeling none of this will happen and DWUW will be a worldwide release.

Well, I'd never thought I'd say this, but...

The ARTPOP single releases are EVEN MORE messier than Born This Way's.

An impressive feat. :clap:

THE ONLY GOOD WHICH CAN COME OUT OF THIS

Venus is confirmed as a UK single

Venus ISN'T released as a promo single in the UK

She performs Venus on the X-Factor

Radio 1 + others THEN playlist Venus (this time next week)

Venus video comes a week or so before Nov 11

ARTPOP arrives on Nov 11, people can cherrypick Venus from the album enough for it to go at LEAST top 3 because it would be chart eligible by then (and it would go top 3 at least. x-factor/big radio spins/video exposure) We know songs normally do well here when they're held back, so it's pretty much a guarantee that we'd have a big smash on our hands

OR just go with the original Venus plan and release it on Sunday but make it clear that it's NOT a promo single (this probably won't happen)

=================

Saying this, I have a ghastly feeling none of this will happen and DWUW will be a worldwide release.

If it isn't released as a promo single but instead as a standalone single then it will be able to chart from Sunday I believe, so we wouldn't have to wait until then anyway.

But yeah that is basically the ideal release plan. So we can be sure that it won't happen.

BlondeKingOfGGD

So they should basically keep Venus for the 2nd single ... standalone single so people can download it after X Factor performance.

Everything will be fine then. :D

Why isn't there a general world chart discussion thread? The us one just gets cluttered with posts referring to everywhere anyway...

So they should basically keep Venus for the 2nd single ... standalone single so people can download it after X Factor performance.

Everything will be fine then. :D

Yep but polydor will probably choose to do anything opposite to what needs to happen / what we say

If she performs DWUW on X factor + it shoots the song to #1 on Itunes + the single still wont chart = biggest messy UK release of all time

***and if DWUW is indeed the second international single it means ARTPOP will launch and Gaga will be out of the top 40 for like 2-3-4 weeks singles-wise ?

Archived