💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

the whole "3 promo singles during the premier of an official second single" thing was never a good idea :smh:

Exactly Maybe if the two promo singles came right before it would've been okay. But at this point, if DWUW is the single, two of Gaga's own songs are gonna come in and knock her down one week after the other :flop:

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that became the case, would they be allowed to count sales from the past few days or just from the point of gaining eligibility?

I think they would be able to count sales from all of the days since release, because when the whole chart/sales controversy surrounding Bowie's 'Where Are We Now?' happened, it at first wasn't eligible but by the end of the tracking week the OCC resolved the confusion, and it ended up charting at #6 on the Sunday. So I think this would be similar.

I think they would be able to count sales from all of the days since release, because when the whole chart/sales controversy surrounding Bowie's 'Where Are We Now?' happened, it at first wasn't eligible but by the end of the tracking week the OCC resolved the confusion, and it ended up charting at #6 on the Sunday. So I think this would be similar.

That's not that bad then, it gives them a few days to sort things out

I've been following Gaga for quite a while now and this is the biggest mess that ever happened.

1st = Gaga ask us to choose between 4 songs from the Itunes Festival

2nd =Venus will be the new single (!)

3rd= DWUW will be the new single (!!)

4th = DWUW wont be eligible in the chart

5th= Gaga and Interscope chilling silently in Berlin while the audio video is blocked for more than 24 hours + Most of the people is wondering if DWUW is the true second single in Europe

:eww:

I've been following Gaga for quite a while now and this is the biggest mess that ever happened.

5th= Gaga and Interscope chilling silently in Berlin while the audio video is blocked for more than 24 hours + Most of the people is wondering if DWUW is the true second single in Europe

:eww: :eww: :eww: :eww:

I'm not even that fussed about where or even if dwuw or venus charts anymore tbh, it's just not knowing what is happening that is annoying...

GagaMyBlood95

I fail to see why it would start in the charts next week.

TEOG and Hair charted because they were released as seperate singles.

It looks like they wont release a seperate DWUW single... and at this rate Venus will have the same faith.

So far = she is still planned to do Venus on X factor and it wont be able to chart next week  :sweat:

omg are you kidding me?! 

Well, they can't just leave it that way, they must have some plan! I mean, they're booked an X Factor performance for gods sake...

That's not that bad then, it gives them a few days to sort things out

I definitely hope they do. And if they just let it remain ineligible and she performs Venus on Sunday, then I'm gonna assume that Venus is the UK single. But I'm hoping there will be a bit more clarity before then.

It's when she makes random announcements like that out of the blue that it makes me realise how much her team actually titter away quietly making plans that we have no idea about that. And I know that sounds stupid because obviously they do, but I don't know how to explain it lol.

What I mean to say is, they are probably not just sitting around doing nothing about this right now, they are probably making plans regarding how to go about it. I mean, they have just SUDDENLY launched themselves into a brand new single cycle out of absolutely nowhere, ditching the one that has probably been planned for months, and I have no idea why. We are just kept in the dark too often though, now more than ever.

And you can expect that within the next few days Gaga will randomly tweet a new announcement regarding this mess that will hopefully clear it up.

But it is literally her messiest single release situation ever. And that is truly saying something.

Guys in the other chart thread, where someone posted the official chart rules, I read the document and it seems that Do What You Want can not chart in the UK at all, ever.

Therefore, Venus has to go forward as planned in europe, it's unpopular... but it has to happen that way.

Lets hope they don't do something even more stupid and release Venus the same way as DWUW and we have to have another single 

I kinda find it laughable about how determined and righteous people are in their views either direction, whether it be that 'dwuw is slaying' or 'is doomed to fail'. I suppose that's human nature though and we all do it at times...

Lady Gaga’s Do What U Want (featuring R Kelly) will become chart eligible once the related album pre-order promotion ends. Official Chart rules, as agreed in committee with the British music industry, allow one ‘instant grat’ promotion per album, i.e a single track download given away as an album pre-order incentive. Do What U Want is the second track to be delivered to fans who pre-order ARTPOP, the track will become eligible to chart once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lorde-and-james-arthur-go-head-to-head-in-battle-for-number-1-on-official-singles-chart-2561/

Now I see. Roar is actually released as a standalone single. Dark Horse was actually the first song released from the PRISM album, hence it charted.

We can only assume from this that Venus is indeed going to be the second single, and it will be released as a standalone single too. Any other case would mean that Polydor have well and truly ****ed this up.

BoomKack

Source

Lady Gaga’s Do What U Want (featuring R Kelly) will become chart eligible once the related album pre-order promotion ends. Official Chart rules, as agreed in committee with the British music industry, allow one ‘instant grat’ promotion per album, i.e a single track download given away as an album pre-order incentive. Do What U Want is the second track to be delivered to fans who pre-order ARTPOP, the track will become eligible to chart once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November.

Venus needs to continue as it is in europe, but be realised separate to the album version

problem solved... Venus is a single in the UK, but a promo single in the US.

It's still a stupid rule though. You have to PAY for the song whether it's part of the pre-order or if it's released on it's own. Fair enough take it out of the total sales once the album is released, but it just doesn't make sense at this point really.

They MUST release Venus as a standalone, and just let DWUW and Dope do what they were originally intended to do, which is boost pre-orders. If Venus comes out with the album.... Ugh.

I think Gaga would have mentioned it IF DWUW was only a US single. I definitely think it's worldwide, especially considering she tweeted "worldwide response"

Basically, we're well and truly ****ed. :)

Archived