Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually beginning to think that DWUW will only be the single in America and the rest of the world, or just UK at least, will have Venus. I mean, she's already planned a big performance for it on Sunday which would probably involve buying costumes, props and set pieces, so would they really wanna waste all that time, money and effort and just bin it all? Not to mention the video which she said is still coming out.

Though in her tweet she does say they're overwhelmed by the 'worldwide response' so... All I know is that if she performs Venus on Sunday it may as well be the single here because it's gonna sell WAY more than DWUW, which is already free falling. 

I suppose the only thing to do is hope that her and her team have realised... idk, the entire thing. Gaga is prone to over exaggerating though so maybe they didn't entirely mean "worldwide" in its proper sense.

Summerboy (Remix) feat. Simon Cowell

Possibly my favourite one of all time

Loool! And yeah, this almost matches the BTW cover art debacle 

why does this feel like we are hurtling to the biggest catastrophe Gaga has ever seen...

Oh come on now, chill out

why does this feel like we are hurtling to the biggest catastrophe Gaga has ever seen...

Probably cus we had built ourselves up to believe that Gaga was certain to get the #1 in the Uk with Venus, it doesn't look that way now. Although stop the drama, start the music and all that I suppose... 

At the very worst the single (whichever it is) does slightly worse than applause, it couldn't affect the grand scheme of things too much

if she performs venus and venus doesn't end up being a single here, then I just....... :lmao:

Just two days ago things were looking up :smh: We should've foreseen something confusing and wrong happening

I suppose the only thing to do is hope that her and her team have realised... idk, the entire thing. Gaga is prone to over exaggerating though so maybe they didn't entirely mean "worldwide" in its proper sense.

I sure hope so lmao

Probably cos you keep banging on about it so much. We know the situation no need to keep freaking out. Take a walk or something

maybe venus will be the single ww and DWUW just US

Starting to think this too. The fact that only Radio 1 have played it (and only once at that) makes me think it's not been sent to radio here (you KNOW that Capital FM etc would be on it in a second if it were) and that they're rolling with 'Venus' here and possibly the rest of Europe.

Obviously it's all just guesswork but this coupled with the fact that 'DWUW' is nowhere in the midweek chart makes me think it's possible (pretty sure if they wanted it to chart they could cancel the ineligibility it had at the start of the week).

Starting to think this too. The fact that only Radio 1 have played it (and only once at that) makes me think it's not been sent to radio here (you KNOW that Capital FM etc would be on it in a second if it were) and that they're rolling with 'Venus' here and possibly the rest of Europe.

Obviously it's all just guesswork but this coupled with the fact that 'DWUW' is nowhere in the midweek chart makes me think it's possible (pretty sure if they wanted it to chart they could cancel the ineligibility it had at the start of the week).

And now we wait...for Gaga/Interscope/Polydor to bang the gong (and give us some information).

Yeah exactly. DWUW has been sent to radio in US I think so why wouldn't they do it here too? Also the fact it hasn't showed up in the midweeks. They're probably thinking DWUW = R&B = America. Venus = pop/dance (I guess) = everywhere else. ALSO it has the Beats commercial in America.

Either

1) They don't care

2) They're being stupid

3) Venus is still single #2 for us

I do hope we get Venus as the single, purely for the huge performance she will have prepped for XF, rather than a cobbled together production for DWUW

glitterintheair

jonathan's guests...

2 November 2013: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Steve Coogan, Paul Hollywood and Pet Shop Boys

so............ no UK chat shows prior to the album release.

Arizonadream777

does anyone know how well katys album is doing?  I imagine its slaying.  Yes I care and Im enbarrased by that. :(

I don't think the amount of meltdowns is healthy

how about I just don't care anymore

that's gonna be hard.. maybe they are waiting to promote dwuw in the UK, until after the x factor performance?

As long as she gets a smash in the UK I don't care.

It does seem likely that Venus is a worldwide, with DWUW being US only. I mean, I would be pissed if I was Gaga if I had to change my whole performance in 4 days.

And with DWUW not charting on the UK midweeks, it looks like she's still sticking to Venus for the UK at least?

Liam Germanotta

@OfficialCharts

Want to know why Lady Gaga isn't in the #ChartUpdate? The label decided to release Do What U Want in a way that makes it chart-ineligible.
3 minutes ago

does anyone know how well katys album is doing?  I imagine its slaying.  Yes I care and Im enbarrased by that. :(

midweek #1

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/katy-perrys-prism-leads-official-albums-chart-race-2560/

Archived