Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

The Official Charts Company has changed the rules for the UK singles chart.

Tracks offered as a free download when pre-ordering a digital album - also known as instant grat tracks - will be chart eligible from this week.

As long as pre-agreed criteria is adhered to, instant grat tracks will be considered the same as traditional downloads from digital stores such as iTunes, reports Music Week.

The change was unanimously passed by the CSC committee, which consists of retailers and labels.

The move brings the UK singles chart in line with most of the other international charting rules regarding instant grat eligibility.

The move follows confusion back in January when David Bowie offered his new single 'Where Are We Now?' as a free download for customer who pre-ordered upcoming album The Next Day.

The new rule begins in the week commencing February 10, 2013 and will be reassessed periodically to monitor its impact on the overall chart.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/ ... chart.html

is this true?

That's a different rule. The rule that is the concern now is that apparently only 2 tracks released in this way from each album are eligible to chart. For example, Roar and Dark Horse were allowed to chart but Walking On Air wasn't.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royals is gonna overtake DWUW pretty soon. The last three updates: 0.9338 0.9020 0.8713. The last was an hour ago. I'm surprised it actually made number one at all tho tbh

Royals is gonna overtake DWUW pretty soon. The last three updates: 0.9338 0.9020 0.8713. The last was an hour ago. I'm surprised it actually made number one at all tho tbh

2 updates and it should pass it? Getting to number one was still an achievement I suppose though...

BlondeKingOfGGD

So will Venus be able to chart? it should be -_- it's the actual second single.

Gaga should know this..i hope ?

So will Venus be able to chart? it should be -_- it's the actual second single.

Gaga should know this..i hope ?

It's more GaGa's record label than herself.

SomethingMore

Guys please stop with this "Will Venus be able to chart" ****.

Its the ****ing 2nd single. Of course it will be able to chart.

Latest kworb "???" update shows dwuw with a green update and royals going down slightly, probs not accurate though

GagaMyBlood95

Guys please stop with this "Will Venus be able to chart" ****.

Its the ****ing 2nd single. Of course it will be able to chart.

lol this

Awww man, tell her it'll be cheaper or something lol

Someone write a letter to Polydor to confirm that they have got their **** together because I am so not here for meltdowns when we should be raving to Venus

I did! I don't why!! :cry:

:cry:

Aww no worries ill listen to ARTPOP on youtube! until then!

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

There was just an advert for XF and they talked about this weeks show and she said, including an exclusive performance by lady gaga, using her name for those viewers what sort of impact  :omfgaga:

bout to lose #1 :(

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Archived