💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

DWUW has sent ARTPOP to #27 on iTunes preorder it's at 3 and 12 on the preorder chart on Amazon and #13 best sellers overall

can you imagine what X Factor is gonna do :excited2::excited2::excited2: I think she'll snatch fastest selling album of the year

I'm so excited to see XF effect. People that say the UK isn't here for her are lying. All she needs is some good promo and she's fine. Just like DWUW has shown, it has promoted the album well, better than promo singles usually do.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys think that the label may change their mind and release DWYW as the second single and we'll get a performance of that instead.

So here is the tracking of the album pre-orders that I started yesterday

YESTERDAY

12:30 - 68
13:19 - 63
14:08 - 61
14:20 - 60
15:31 - 57
16:04 - 56
17:00 - 55
18:31 - 53
19:45 - 53
20:34 - 54
22:06 - 53
23:01 - 52
23:36 - 53

TODAY (DWUW is released)
00:05 - 52
02:13 - 52
09:31 - 41
11:38 - 34
11:53 - 30
12:41 - 28
13:04 - 27
14:00 - 26

As you can see, whereas midday yesterday it was 68, today midday it was exactly 40 places ahead of that. DWUW has definitely done it's job so far and I can't wait to see how high the album will go with Venus, X Factor and Dope. She should hopefully be onto some big first week sales.

Do you guys think that the label may change their mind and release DWYW as the second single and we'll get a performance of that instead.

No they were probably expecting this to happen since it's pre-orders alone that caused this surge. Plus Lorde is gonna be back at #1 by this afternoon/evening anyway.

The same thing is gonna happen to Venus except it's gonna have more sales since pre-orders are now bigger.

In My Dreams ññ‚¬@pleasecanthishappen 44s

News just in, #PRISM is at #1, outselling the #2 5:1 currently looking at 100k sales! #KatyCats

If she does manage 100k, that is impressive considering the current market and the fact that it's Katy Perry but I would seriously hope Gaga will blow that out of the water.

The fastest selling album of the year so far is still Random Access Memories, right? With 165k. I'm thinking Gaga can probably top that if promo is successful.

bumblebee

A question from the chart-wise-uneducated fan: will DO WHAT U WANT appear on the official UK chart even if it's just a promo single?

SoldierDown

So Venus will definitely chart right? I mean it's the actual second single!

All this talk of 'immediate downloads' from pre-orders not counting has gotten me worried  :eww:

All she needs to do is drop Venus as a single as well as releasing it on the album, if your lurking here gags post the single cover please

A question from the chart-wise-uneducated fan: will DO WHAT U WANT appear on the official UK chart even if it's just a promo single?

I'm not sure... it's confusing. We will have to see. I'd assume that by tomorrow it will have sold enough to reach the top 40, so if it doesn't show up in the midweek update tomorrow then we can only guess that they aren't counting it, in order to allow Venus to chart.

All she needs to do is drop Venus as a single as well as releasing it on the album, if your lurking here gags post the single cover please

Even then though I'm not sure if it counts because it is still actually available as part of the pre-order. And most people that pre-ordered it won't buy it twice.

It's so confusing, I don't know why this stupid rule even exists.

That is messier than asking them not to let DWUW chart.

You'll have people not buying twice because they pre-ordered, and people cancelling the pre-order to buy.

KaanBTW

Venus performance in 5 days

Still cant believe it. And finally something close to my time zone (only 1 hour difference) :party:

:legend:

Archived