💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

tumblr_lwvopgFPmE1qii6tmo1_250.gif

I actually jumped out my seat and said "YES!" when her name was announced! Realistically, yeah, Lorde and 1D might hold her off...but it might not be for long. Lorde's sales aren't quite as strong as expected and she doesn't have any promo performances. 1D are really overexposed here and even their fan power wasn't enough to get their lead to #1. Little Things was their second single last year and went to #1, but I strongly suspect their XF promo in November, so close to the final, when album/single sales can be huge, was the driving force behind that. It looks like a promo performance is what tips it from a #2 into a #1 and they won't have it next week. I somehow think Simon's putting XF acts on the backburner right now because of his recent scandals which are taking over his life. Gaga really had bad luck in 2011 by being paired with 1D but it's like the show's really favoured her this year, almost as if they've deliberately paired her with an act that they know is going down like the Titanic and no amount promo can save them now. This will be The Wanted's fifth single from the album that they still haven't released yet and every single has done progressively worse despite being released when there's been no competition. 1D completely annilated every other UK boyband (I think they've finally replaced Bieber too), so we won't have to worry about them. Fingers crossed Gaga's doing some chat show as well. I know their line up looks confimed but they usually don't get their full line ups announced until much later on, so you never know.

At the end of the day, I'd say a top three peak is guaranteed and I'll be happy with that. Equalling BTW is better than equalling Applause. If it goes to #2, it'll have done better than any single from BTW, which is a major achievement and we'll know for a fact that she's getting her audience back. And if it goes to #1, I'll throw a party that lasts all week!

Rach is here!! I love hearing her thoughts :flutter:

I :heart: you. :Kara:

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

So do you guys think a regular performance would be more effective than a weird/astonishing/typical Gaga performance?

So do you guys think a regular performance would be more effective than a weird/astonishing/typical Gaga performance?

Somewhere in the middle I guess. Kinda like the VMAs. Something only she could do, but at the same time not something overly crazy -i.e. the MTN performance - that will make people roll their eyes and think "oh great she's up to this again...".

Maybe just have a really cool set built like Katy did tonight, with an amazing outfit. Slay the choreo, slay the vocals, maybe rock the fibre optic wig for the first time?

PRISM now at #1 on iTunes. However, James Blunt is at #2 and #4. If he becomes serious competition for her ... :awkney:

Better Day

Has anyone noticed that Gaga has performed on X Factor every 2 years.

2009 - Bad Romance

2011 - MTN

2013 - Venus

Same with the VMA

2009 - Paparazzi

2011-  You And I

2013 - Applause

Together You And I!

SomethingMore

Same with the VMA

2009 - Paparazzi

2011-  Marry The Night