Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

I'd have said low top 10 tbh (based off how 'Applause' performed here)

are you telling me Applause wasn't a smash hit here? :ghostney:

So basically, Venus has a lot more going for it than any Gaga single since TFM days. Why?

- FINALLY we have a Sunday release, so a full week of sales.

- She's back in the UK public eye, if only a little, thanks to Applause. It wasn't a smash but it was a hit and people know she's back.

- Polydor have finally got it right with booking promo. If the fans don't push it high enough, then surely The X Factor, the biggest TV show in the country will.

- The other performers on the night are The Wanted ...... enough said there.

- The song will be previewed two days before, so that will get headlines and pre-release promo which is always important.

- It will be preceded by DWUW on Tuesday which should get her presence up on iTunes, and hopefully it will get some decent pre-order sales which will then contribute to Venus' spot on iTunes.

Now all we need is for it not to leak so the hype will actually amount to something, unlike the messy rushed release of Applause. And if the song is great, then the rest will be history.

And honestly, looking at kworb, I thought Lorde would have had a huge lead over James Arthur, but she doesn't at all..

I genuinely believe that if the song is good enough, and she gives a stellar performance, she'll have her first #01 here in 3 years.

Yeah, I thought she would be bigger too. But maybe her and James are both just selling a lot idk. I'm trusting in her single choices this era, she seems to be making songs that the GP will like more. Born This Way was definitely her being indulgent and not giving a ****. So I'm sure Venus will be good. And let's be real, if Applause got an X Factor performance on the day it came out, that would have gone to number one. And surely she won't release a song worse than Applause when we have songs that already sound amazing like DWUW, Sexxx Dreams, GUY...

Roar has rised to #3 on UK itunes from X Factor performance!

WHO'S READY FOR GAGA TO SLAY THE UK AGAIN

I SURE AM!

Seriously guys I have this prediction, Venus will be released Sunday and for the first day it'l do super well on itunes because the stans will buy it. The X Factor performance will SOLIDIFY it in the charts at either #1 or #2 (depending on the strength of lorde). Then on monday, due to One Direction it'l probably get pushed down a spot, lets just get that out of the way now. However One Direction really don't have the pulling power for the GP, it's the fans that buy their records (sorry). They will fall to three, I expect

#1 Royals

#2 Venus

#3 (whatever One direction are bringing out)

I'm not saying Gaga can't get a #1, she surely can and she has a huge chance, however I wouldn't put it past Lorde having two weeks at #1, the song is a killer and a chart topper, we should expect a top three hit from gaga with Venus, but a #1 is not out of the question. 

yeah Lorde will be the only real competition, 1D aren't strong single wise anymore and even with promo last time they only went #2 (with Gotta Be You.)

Royals is doing well, it looks like it's only selling lower because if it didn't exist, James Arthur would be slaying the UK right now...

Yeah I agree that Lorde is the one to look out for

rightly so though, i'd rather Gaga was blocked from #1 by a decent song than one direction...

rightly so though, i'd rather Gaga was blocked from #1 by a decent song than one direction...

Definitely with you on that one!

1D will definitely jump her but they won't stay for long.

Let's hope Royals has its big week THIS week and slows down by Venus' release :)

The song is everywhere, So many people still haven't heard it and it's #1 on itunes, It's the true indie smash of the year!

I can honestly see it performing better in it's second week, however it may not.

All i'm saying is Gaga is definitely on the road to doing very well, BUT do not put it past Lorde blocking her, because it could well happen.

The song is everywhere, So many people still haven't heard it and it's #1 on itunes, It's the true indie smash of the year!

I can honestly see it performing better in it's second week, however it may not.

All i'm saying is Gaga is definitely on the road to doing very well, BUT do not put it past Lorde blocking her, because it could well happen.

If it's everywhere, if it's had strong advance radio promo, it ought to be strong right off the bat.

Not with J.A. at ,93 and gaining and Counting Stars at ,67 of it's sales.

Archived