💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Yeah honestly, 2 days being delayed is nothing compared to the weeks that roar/work b---h had

It's just common sense, im sure 90% of fans who would buy it as soon as it was released would sooner it was released the sunday to get a full week of sales than the friday

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends who you ask.

In the US, she's plastered all over radio currently, was at the last big awards show, has a lot of VEVO buzz/views, and is about to launch her SECOND tv commercial with beats this time.

She's also been all over radio in Germany/Spain/Italy/Brazil/Canada

It's actually the UK/aus that are really the only places "slacking" big time. Aus follows the US so im not worried about them, but UK she needs to promote. Venus's video may also be pushed off a bit since it hasnt even been filmed yet, but considering the fact the album is nearing, im sure she has plans for the market

True, US is actually not a worry atm which I guess you could say is a different story from BTW era. When she started to struggle in America she was still strong internationally.

With BTW in the UK it always felt like people were giving her the benefit of the doubt. But that was probably due to her excessive promo. Her numbers, I think, were mostly due to people liking TF/M. Now she needs to promote more here to show that actually, the music with ARTPOP is probably easier to take in than BTW.

Damn I was really hoping for another Top 10 in the UK at least. 2 days of sales... :deadbanana:

Please perform on the X factor so it can go Top 10 2nd week

I'm thinking it will be top 10 second week regardless of X Factor or not. But depending on how quickly radio picks it up will determine just how long it will stay around before an X Factor performance. If it is WEEKS after the single release I fear it won't have much of an effect. But it had okay longevity in the top ten here so hopefully it's the same situation with Venus. A TV performance could've saved Applause another few weeks.

Americano

Yeah, lets not be too negative about it. Applause could have done a lot better but wasnt a bomb. Its just that she didnt promote it.

It couldve lasted a good 2-3 weeks longer if she did. Lets hope she does that for Venus so it can be a 7-8 week hit

Gaga needs to do some serious promo here for Venus, it's more needed here and Japan then it's needed in the US

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

The numbers in the UK are not representative of how well it actually did. If you looked at 202k you'd think it debuted high then fell off straight away. But actually it debuted at 38k and had a consistent performance throughout it's time in the top ten. It just needed something to push it higher, like a TV performance. Not to mention radio just suddenly abandoning it when it was doing fine and getting really good TV airplay.

MonsterOfSpain

Gaga needs to do some serious promo here for Venus, it's more needed here and Japan then it's needed in the US

And don't forget the rest of Europe!

Yes true. And European. The album still needs hardcore promo in the US though.

MonsterOfSpain

The numbers in the UK are not representative of how well it actually did. If you looked at 202k you'd think it debuted high then fell off straight away. But actually it debuted at 38k and had a consistent performance throughout it's time in the top ten. It just needed something to push it higher, like a TV performance. Not to mention radio just suddenly abandoning it when it was doing fine and getting really good TV airplay.

I actually thing the UK is kinda strange with Gaga lately, it seems British people isn't here for Gaga anymore

Americano

Thats why I think with one sizable performance, Venus could become a gold/platinum hit

Shes doing good in Japan. She's about to go Gold (PC) which is where TEOG was before she came over and promoted, and sent the album to sell some of the best numbers a Western act had ever done there.

She's in a good place there. UK needs to be her focus next.

I actually thing the UK is kinda strange with Gaga lately, it seems British people isn't here for Gaga anymore

That's because she literally hasn't been big here since over two years ago when TEOG was big. And that was really the only song from BTW era that was fully embraced by the UK public. BTW sold a lot, but that was mostly front-loaded and because those three words 'Born This Way' were beaten to death and the song was promoted a lot etc. I don't think it was really as liked as TEOG. Applause almost won her back over here but it just didn't do enough because they didn't care to promote it. I've heard Applause out in clubs and stuff before, never heard ANYTHING from BTW. If she keeps releasing really good music that people like, and promotes it well, then the UK public will come running. It's as simple as that. She can release a great song and not promote it and it will get ignored. The UK public is that fickle.

Thats why I think with one sizable performance, Venus could become a gold/platinum hit

It easily could. Let's hope.

Not that I can speak for everyone but if Gaga's UK fans want it released on the Sunday, and if it's only fans that would buy it the first couple of days, no one at all is gaining by a UK Friday release; or have I missed something obvious?

That's because she literally hasn't been big here since over two years ago when TEOG was big. And that was really the only song from BTW era that was fully embraced by the UK public. BTW sold a lot, but that was mostly front-loaded and because those three words 'Born This Way' were beaten to death and the song was promoted a lot etc. I don't think it was really as liked as TEOG. Applause almost won her back over here but it just didn't do enough because they didn't care to promote it. I've heard Applause out in clubs and stuff before, never heard ANYTHING from BTW. If she keeps releasing really good music that people like, and promotes it well, then the UK public will come running. It's as simple as that. She can release a great song and not promote it and it will get ignored. The UK public is that fickle..

This, she just need a "only girl"

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Americano

Not that I can speak for everyone but if Gaga's UK fans want it released on the Sunday, and if it's only fans that would buy it the first couple of days, no one at all is gaining by a UK Friday release; or have I missed something obvious?

Like Harry said, I think she likes the feeling of her singles being global music events that grab attention from every corner of every market at the same time.

I'd love to know their reasoning.

Archived