💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1D confirmed for X Factor UK but they're in Australia performing on their XF on the 28th, so I strongly doubt they'll perform on the 27th. :deadbanana:

Let's go, Polydor. :cool:

BlondeKingOfGGD

Well it can be released friday...Gaga performs the sunday on X Factor... Venus get's dat #1 :P

whyyy change the date when everything seemed to be perfect?

BTW debuted at #3 and was released on a friday though :')

Lower end of the top 40 if we're lucky

Not true. BTW debuted at 3, so we really dont know how big the song is.

I still hope that maybe they will keep the original date here.

Americano

Well it can be released friday...Gaga performs the sunday on X Factor... Venus get's dat #1 :P

whyyy change the date when everything seemed to be perfect?

BTW debuted at #3 and was released on a friday though :')

It's a club song most likely, and sorry to Europe... Again... She's looking at the US market for that quick free promo that weekend.

I think Friday is better than Sunday in America, but not internationally. At all.

Sunday seemed perfect for Europe, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think Friday is better than Sunday in America, but not internationally. At all.

It's fine for Germany and Australia cause their chart weeks start on a Friday.

US it's okay, now you peak when you have good streaming (video),

It's the UK that gets royally screwed.

GagaMyBlood95

Yeah, Friday is good for the US, not for Europe... It would be perfect if she could wait and release it on Sunday in Europe and on Friday in the US...

StrawberryBlond

I'm getting seriously p*ssed off now. Who is making these decisions? Gaga? Interscope? Both? I just want to bash their heads together to knock some sense into them. The UK is #3 in the world's music market, but do our charting rules get respect? Do they heck! Believe it or not, record label bosses: the whole world doesn't revolve around America's music tastes. In fact, because of America's off the wall charts where songs hang around forever, their taste is usually weeks, even months, behind the rest of the world's. Most of the world's charts begin on Sunday/Monday, so you're really screwing over your chance for a #1 in 95% of the world by making the stupid decision to release on a Friday. As if you couldn't even make a Wednesday, the day that your charts start! Surely Interscope would have learned by now that only America benefits from this arrangement and her chance of a UK #1 with BTW was ruined last time because of the Friday release. As such, she's constantly looking as if she's flopping in this country when she's really not. Honestly, it's like the label's conspiring against us these days. First, the UK only gets three dates for the BTWB and now this. The UK has always been Gaga's second biggest market after the US, so why don't we get more consideration?

...But on the plus side, this is hopefully a sign that she is indeed performing on XF on the 27th. Fingers crossed we can get a top three debut with that in mind.

Americano

It's fine for Germany and Australia cause their chart weeks start on a Friday.

US it's okay, now you peak when you have good streaming (video),

It's the UK that gets royally screwed.

Oh ok, Germany and Aus are big markets too. Hopefully Aus can get Top 10 this time.

Archived