UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Bangerz got the #1 with sales of only 30k. Sales are really abysmal right now. If we think about it in terms of certifications, that's the equivalent of her only just pulling 100k in the US... Our country needs to get it together lol.

I am worried for ARTPOP's sales. She obviously doesn't have as much hype leading into it as BTW but that isn't even what is causing my concern, it's mostly because no one wants to buy albums anymore. Hopefully the fact it will be the holiday season soon will change things, but wow... Even JT is down to #8 with sales of 10k, total of only 45k. Ouch.

Their promo NEEDS to be flawless for the album. Like really. I swear to god if it doesn't even hit platinum...

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

Bangerz got the #1 with sales of only 30k. Sales are really abysmal right now. If we think about it in terms of certifications, that's the equivalent of her only just pulling 100k in the US... Our country needs to get it together lol.

I am worried for ARTPOP's sales. She obviously doesn't have as much hype leading into it as BTW but that isn't even what is causing my concern, it's mostly because no one wants to buy albums anymore. Hopefully the fact it will be the holiday season soon will change things, but wow... Even JT is down to #8 with sales of 10k, total of only 45k. Ouch.

Their promo NEEDS to be flawless for the album. Like really. I swear to god if it doesn't even hit platinum...

It HAS to hit platinum...It just has to!

It HAS to hit platinum...It just has to!

It just seems like such a milestone for an album to even pass 100k first week now. Two years ago Gaga scanned over 70k first day. I'm not trying to be pessimistic or negative because that really isn't me but the albums market is truly a worry now, and not just for Gaga.

I mean the biggest selling album of this year so far is Our Version Of Events, which came out February 2012... :smh: The biggest seller that was released this year is the Les Mis soundtrack at 438k. It's just kind of depressing really so it is gonna be interesting to see how all of these huge releases in the next two months fare. Hopefully ARTPOP will pop up on a lot of Xmas lists... :cry:

VforVendetta

Why? I love Alan! But I'm not overly bothered which of the three talk shows she goes on. I like all of them. She seems to have better chemistry with Graham and Jonathon though.

I assume she will be doing Venus when she finally comes to promote here.

I hope so...

It's pretty obvious PRISM is gonna crush ARTPOP in the UK which is depressing. Gaga's international standings have really faded significantly. 

lmao, bye, gaga topped the preorder charts on iTunes and amazon and (on amazon) has been higher than prism since they've both been made available, gaga literally just needs one good performance, which is what X Factor is for and she'll be fine, she'll probably have fastest selling album of the year with the xmas boost

iTunes Update

iqtZ1EJ.jpg

01. Counting Stars - OneRepublic

02. Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus

03. All That Matters - Justin Bieber

04. Juliet - Lawson

05. Bonfire Heart - James Blunt

06. Berzerk - Eminem

07. Roar - Katy Perry

08. Afterglow - Wilkinson

09. Disco Love - The Saturdays

10. Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo

11. R U Crazy (Radio Edit) - Conor Maynard

12. Change Your Life (feat. T.I.) - Iggy Azalea

13. Can We Dance - The Vamps

14. Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake

15. You Make Me - Avicii

16. Burn - Ellie Goulding

17. Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

18. Cheating - John Newman

19. Count On Me (feat. Moko) - Chase & Status

20. What I Might Do (Radio Edit) - Ben Pearce

21. Wake Me Up - Avicii

22. The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) - Ylvis

23. I Hope You Find It - Cher

24. Sonnentanz (Sun Don’t Shine) [feat. Will Heard] - Klangkarussell

25. Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus

26. Skyscraper - Demi Lovato

27. Give It 2 U (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - Robin Thicke

28. Something Really Bad (feat. will.i.am) - Dizzee Rascal

29. R U Crazy - Conor Maynard

30. Let Her Go - Passenger

31. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

32. Get Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj & Pharrell) - Nelly

33. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

34. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

35. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

36. It's My Party - Jessie J

37. Ain't Nobody - Jasmine Thompson

38. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

39. Applause - Lady Gaga

40. Strong - London Grammar

Bubbling Under

72. Skip To the Good Bit - Rizzle Kicks

89. What Doesn't Kill You - Jake Bugg

To compare their last albums:

Born This Way had: Born This Way, a pretty decent hit, and then ... Judas. Also TEOG and Hair as promo singles. Opened with 215,000.

Teenage Dream had: California Gurls which was #1, huge (went onto become the 8th best seller of the year) and then Teenage Dream which debuted at #2 and was pretty big, but not like CG. Album opened with 54,000.

Both promoted on various TV shows. Now it could also be argued that Gaga was coming off of the back of a way bigger era but even then her first week performance was hugely impressive due to the messy performance of the singles. Katy did everything right with her singles, they were really big, she promoted well but still only sold about one quarter of Gaga. People obviously weren't interested in her enough to invest in a whole album, just 99p on a few songs each. I don't see why it would be that different now, though she should surpass 54k really...

I find it kind of hard to believe that Gaga's power has diminished THAT much, and that Katy's has grown enough to 'crush' ARTPOP's sales. Katy may be doing well in singles just like she always has (i.e. Teenage Dream's leads), and Gaga not so much, but as long as Polydor play their cards right with the promo - I'm talking X Factor, 1 or 2 chat show appearances, album ads during big shows - there should be no worry.

At last

Honestly, if it ends the year shifting over quater of a mill, I'll be happy

Venus needs to be a super hit. God I'm nervous

Honestly, if it ends the year shifting over quater of a mill, I'll be happy

Venus needs to be a super hit. God I'm nervous

As long as she gets announced for X Factor 27th I will be okay. If not....... then I will begin to worry. I don't see why they wouldn't at least have a pre-order up after the whole Applause fiasco :/ I mean I know it got rush released and everything so the hyping towards the 19th was kinda wasted... But if that kind of thing happened again with preorders backing it, it wouldn't even matter cos you'd already have a lump of first week sales secured. Idk what they're thinking.

If the single is due out on the 27th how likely is it really that she'll be on x-factor that same day to start the promotion campaign in the uk? Would it not be more likely for her to start it on a us show? 

Archived