49. The Mother We Share - CHVRCHES

59. Supersoaker - Kings of Leon

88. Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingMore

Lucy Spraggan – Last Night (Beer Fear)

WTF. Isnt this the chick who was on X Factor a few years ago with this song? They are releasing it now?

WTF. Isnt this the chick who was on X Factor a few years ago with this song? They are releasing it now?

She was on last year. It's gonna flop so I don't know why they're bothering

Robbie Williams' album comes out the week after ARTPOP ffs. He will likely have an X Factor performance and massive Christmas sales... And THEN Gary Barlow's album is the week after that. She may only have one week at number one.

top 20 smash tbh

this decline is so painful to watch

and there's the ever mundane Roar, unable to leave the top 2. :cry:

StrawberryBlond

Releasing against Kings of Leon and Drake shows Jessie J really doesn't want #1. Just liked she was blacked by Adele last time.

http://instagram.com/p/elOAc-w0TW/

That's what I expected. I don't know why pop artists feel so confident releasing albums at the same time as rock bands because the loyalty of rock fans knows no bounds and having #1 albums in a pop dominated world is a big deal for them, so they're prepared to buy on the first week. Plus, Kings Of Leon's last three albums went to #1 here. I must say, it's interesting that Jason Derulo's album hasn't cracked the top 5 despite his lead single going to #2 and being on lock to have 2 weeks at #1 with Talk Dirty. It's like you said earlier, even artists who struggle to have hit singles can slay when it comes to album peaks and sales because selling albums is a whole different ball game.

Why the **** is Little Mix releasing a new album same day as Gaga? 

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/little-mix-announce-new-single-and-album-release-dates-2504/

Wow, that is a risk. How come we're just getting this announcement out the blue so soon to the release date anyway? However, I highly doubt they'll top their debut album's success because that just doesn't happen for girlbands, especially XF ones. DNA only debuted at #3 last year, missing out to 1D in their second week and Rihanna. I can't find the sales figures, nor can I find 1D's second week sales, but Rihanna went to #1 that week with just over 99,000. So, to be at #3 means that LM must have sold only around 70,000 or something, maybe even less. And that was with two #1's and a top 3 hit, an XF performance the week before and all round massive hype. By the end of the year, they'd sold over 200,000 despite the Christmas sales period. I doubt Gaga will pull out the 227,000 opening week sales she did for BTW, but she can definitely do over 100,000, no doubt. She should be safe.

Her lead single, Lighthouse, didn't do well (#26), so her label is obviously worried she'll flop so have decided to release a polished version of the song that she's best known for. Which is kinda stupid because that song went to #11 after she sang it on the show, despite it being an independent track. Her album was pulled off iTunes not long afterwards, though, because there's a rule against that when you're through to the live shows, so maybe not enough people had time to download it. I just hope enough people know her album's coming out next month now because she deserves this chance.

Question - How come the UK and Europe wouldn't accept a country-rock influenced single from Gaga (You and I), but you go nuts for Wake Me Up from Avicii. Sounds like very typical country rock or folk rock songs. In the US it's getting placed by Alternative radio but will likely peak #4. It's more generic sounding than Lorde's Royals, which truly is smashing the charts. 

Archived