💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

SomethingMore

Why the **** is Christina Perri - A Thousand Years dark green?? THE X FACTOR AUDITION IS OVER ! FALL ALREADY !

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
glitterintheair

Okay they've got rid of best international album (GaGa won it in 2010), so thte things she could be nominated for are:

International Female Solo Artist

Best Live Act

(this is the last off topic post i'll make, promise!)

i assume best live act is a category for british artists too, since everyone nominated thus far has been british. recently, they've made more of an effort to make only british artists eligible for most categories - hence the ditching of the international album and international breakthrough category. which is fair, because it is the brits after all.

I wish they'd have released applause over here later, I know it's frustrating at first, but it pretty much guarantee's the #1 spot, even if it had just been a 2 week delay, the fan anticipation, moderate radio and tv airplay would have probably meant 100k+ first week 

totally agree. it would have been worth it in the end but the success is decent without promo nonetheless.

GagaMyBlood95

Just saw Applause is #14 on Itunes o_O

I hope it's because of the new releases and that she will stabilize at least.

It is because of the new releases  ;)

bumblebee

It's #8 so far this week, up 1 from last week.

Great to hear that! How far is she from her radio peak, in your opinion? 

bornthisway51

It's the "Rolling 7 Day Chart" which shows how it is doing in the week so far.

The last chart week can be found if you search "The UK Radio Airplay Chart"

It used to give the number of listeners but now doesn't. You can see "Rolling 7 Day" at the top. And I would say that it may have reached its peak or will do soon but it's very difficult to say because Applause is dropping on iTunes but unexpectedly still rising on radio.

SomethingMore

Sorry but why would any of us give a **** about radio? 

Her chart position is based only on sales. Applause was A-listed on Radio 1 and it did NOTHING for the song.

bornthisway51

Her chart position is based only on sales. Applause was A-listed on Radio 1 and it did NOTHING for the song.

True, but it's important for her promotion in general. She hasn't been exposed in the UK yet and people need to know she's actually back.

You can't say that though, for all we know if it hadn't been A-listed it could have fallen quicker than it did do, just because it didn't gain doesn't mean it did nothing

Archived