💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

It won't thought, the UK is so over her, the only reason S&S smashed was because of Will.i.am

#13 on iTunes and no green update in nearly 24 hours  :ohno: they really should discount it

I NEED AT LEAST ONE OF MY KEWNS TO DO WELL THIS YEAR :cry:

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlondeKingOfGGD

Just Dance got 10 weeks in top 10 Pokerface got 13 - paparazzi got 8 - bad romance got 11 - telephone got 5 - Alejandro 4 - Born This way 7 Judas 3 The edge of glory 4 and Applause 5

Telephone got a UK #1 so considering it got the same top 10 weeks as Applause .. Applause has done amazing :D

Is it possible that Gaga is doing a complete 180 from the BTW era ala promo? Like swinefest was in the UK but it still seems like a fan thing.

Americano

Her manager said he liked 20/20s promo. JT didnt promote in the UK until Mirrors, that's why S&T did pretty awful in most countries WW.

So I think Gaga will be there for the second single if he sticks to that plan.

glitterintheair

Hopefully. Plus the Sharon vs Gaga thing will bring attention to it

i said this in another thread but no it won't. 

a) most people don't know.

b) most people who once knew, have forgotten or just don't care.

c) i doubt people who know and still remember will tune into the show purely for that reason. the most sharon could do is snub her by not giving her a standing ovation. it's not like she's coming on as a contestant...

it will be awkward, yes. but it won't pull in viewers. 

20/20s promo was perfect IMO. even though they weren't successful singles, tunnel vision and take back the night kept the album afloat. holy grail helped out massively too. i think at one point 20/20 had dropped out and then re-entered the albums chart because of it. it's always handy to have a feature around the time of your era. if pharrell released an album in july, imagine what kind of sales he'd debut with? 

back to JT, he did the brits, jonathan ross, wireless festival and now he's doing the iTunes festival. perfect. only thing is, his tour clashes with the x factor so he'll lose what gaga will gain there. speaking of the brits, maybe she'll perform her third single there. or is that too soon? hate that jonathan starts back in 2014. i love their chemistry!

GagaMyBlood95

I am telling you guys, they are saving all the big performances and promos for the second single because as you can see, her lead single is selling just fine without THAT much promo...

VampireGrin

If the second single has the correct sound for the UK, there is definitely a chance it can go to No.1 after the X Factor (depending on the competition at the time) 

i said this in another thread but no it won't. 

a) most people don't know.

b) most people who once knew, have forgotten or just don't care.

c) i doubt people who know and still remember will tune into the show purely for that reason. the most sharon could do is snub her by not giving her a standing ovation. it's not like she's coming on as a contestant...

it will be awkward, yes. but it won't pull in viewers. 

But if it's all over the tabloids the next day about "Sharon Snubs GaGa!!" people are gonna see and probably watch on youtube to see how awkward it was

bornthisway51

But if it's all over the tabloids the next day about "Sharon Snubs GaGa!!" people are gonna see and probably watch on youtube to see how awkward it was

Agreed, it'll create media interest post-performance which is great!

Archived