WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain

Week one : #5 - 38,000 copies sold

Week two : #9 - 32,000 copies sold

Week three : #7 - 30,000 copies sold

Week four : #8 - 29,000 copies sold

Week five : #10 - ?

Its pretty bad. Barely 150,000 after 5 weeks.

UK is not cool anymore tbh

U7vKFzq.gif

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingMore

Applause is still #11 in the mids as of today. Example fell to #13 but Macklemore took his spot in the top ten and is at #8. Coldplay are still #9 when they are #17 on iTunes. One more day to make up the difference

U7vKFzq.gif

WTF how is that possible when Applause never left the top 10 :deadbanana:  Who is at #10 ?

WTF how is that possible when Applause never left the top 10 :deadbanana:  Who is at #10 ?

Not all positions are revealed but I'm assuming this is it

1. Roar

2. Burn

3. Wake Me Up

4. Hold On, We're Going Home

5. Sonnentanz

6. Counting Stars

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Same Love

9. Atlas

10. We Can't Stop

11. Applause

Both Gaga and Miley are about 0.1 over Atlas on iTunes now, with 6 songs between Applause and Atlas, so I would simply assume that the two girls will jump them and WCS will end up 9 and Applause 10. But then again I thought Gaga would already be top ten today so who knows anymore.

so top 10 for this week is not sure?

Not certain but it's pretty likely. I'd say it's definitely the last week though, unless some unexpected promo or a discount happens.

she has to be top 10 or radio will drop her :cryga:

We already know she has 9 days left of A-List on Radio 1, but we will find out on Wednesday if they decide to keep her another week. I don't have my hopes high though since new releases will probably push her out of the top ten in two days...

gagz betta not leave top 10

UKChartOfficial

3na6.png

_______

Good news is that Applause is #7 on uk chart airplay. DO you think sale will keep up? :noparty:

Week one : #5 - 38,000 copies sold

Week two : #9 - 32,000 copies sold

Week three : #7 - 30,000 copies sold

Week four : #8 - 29,000 copies sold

Week five : #10 - ?

Its pretty bad. Barely 150,000 after 5 weeks.

Not really, her other lead singles all smashed because she promo'd them, she's done nothing for this

iTunes Update

qntUdn2.jpg

01. Roar - Katy Perry

02. Counting Stars - OneRepublic

03. Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake

04. Burn - Ellie Goulding

05. Wake Me Up - Avicii

06. Sonnentanz (Sun Don’t Shine) [feat. Will Heard] - Klangkarussell

07. Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

08. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

09. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

10. Applause - Lady Gaga

11. Earthquake (feat. Dominique Young Unique) [Edit] - DJ Fresh & Diplo

12. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

13. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

14. Other Side of Love - Sean Paul

15. Lost Generation - Rizzle Kicks

16. All the Wrong Places (Radio Edit) - Example

17. Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo *Pre-order

18. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

19. Atlas (From “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire†Soundtrack) - Coldplay

20. Let Her Go - Passenger

21. Strong - London Grammar

22. Love More (feat. Nicki Minaj) - Chris Brown

23. Best Song Ever - One Direction

24. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? - Arctic Monkeys

25. Love Me Again - John Newman

26. Party Right (feat. Ruby Goe) [Radio Edit] - Lethal Bizzle

27. Things We Lost in the Fire - Bastille

28. Lifted (feat. Emeli Sandé) - Naughty Boy

29. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

30. C O O L - Le Youth

31. Right Place Right Time - Olly Murs

32. Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell

33. Reflektor - Arcade Fire

34. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

35. Trampoline (feat. 2 Chainz) - Tinie Tempah

36. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

37. Trouble - Neon Jungle

38. Bang Bang - will.i.am

39. We Own the Night - The Wanted

40. Take Back the Night - Justin Timberlake

Bubbling Under

46. Wait For Me - Kings of Leon

55. Bound 2 - Kanye West

95. Give It 2 U (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - Robin Thicke

98. Lose Yourself to Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

Man I pray it keeps getting played on radio and TV when it falls out of the top ten. I mean look at Telephone and The Edge of Glory. They had 5 and 4 weeks in the top ten, which is where Applause is now. They were both big video/radio songs and had great longevity in the top 40. Telephone ended up doing 690k, TEOG 570k. Now I don't think Applause will end up doing those kind of numbers because of the slow start and complete lack of promo (which Telephone & TEOG both had), but if radio and TV stick with it then it might hang around for a bit and at very least end up selling like 300-400k.

GagaMyBlood95

Man I pray it keeps getting played on radio and TV when it falls out of the top ten. I mean look at Telephone and The Edge of Glory. They had 5 and 4 weeks in the top ten, which is where Applause is now. They were both big video/radio songs and had great longevity in the top 40. Telephone ended up doing 690k, TEOG 570k. Now I don't think Applause will end up doing those kind of numbers because of the slow start and complete lack of promo (which Telephone & TEOG both had), but if radio and TV stick with it then it might hang around for a bit and at very least end up selling like 300-400k.

I agree completely, because I think she won't be back in the UK until The X Factor - maybe if she does like an intro from Applause and then the whole second single, it can boost both her sales...

:cry:

I wonder if this Britney single is gonna smash or not. The FF era was very underwhelming, but if this song is like Scream&Shout, then I can see it as becoming quite the comeback for her.

StrawberryBlond

Just listened to Avicii's new album. I was surprised how good it was. It's a pity that so far, he's chosen some of the most generic songs to be singles and chosen the only bad one (You Make Me) as the second single, which is due for release on Sunday. He's actually quite experimental in his work and he gives me hope for other EDM producers to do something a bit different. But had I not listened to the album, I'd never have realised that. Here's hoping Addicted To You, Dear Boy, Liar Liar, Hope There's Someone or Heart Upon My Sleeve become singles at some point.

That's what I'm hoping for too. It goes to show that weeks in the top 10 doesn't necessarily match a song's overall success in the same way that the peak position isn't a good indiction either. Telephone matched Applause's weeks in the top 10 and of course we know that Telephone was massive in the UK and is considered one of her best loved and most iconic songs. I have to admit, when I saw it only had 5 weeks, I was shocked. I can remember it going to #1 but after that, it's all a blur, so if even I, as a fan, can't remember how long it stuck around, casual fans won't either. I'm sure she's just biding her time in regards to UK promo and we'll get lots of promo spots in November to promote the next single to make up for it. Sometimes, ironically, excessively promoting the lead single isn't always the best idea because the lead single always charts and sells well anyway and you'll use up the majority of your promo spots if you use them all on the lead single that didn't really need it. It's the ones just before and just after the album that really count and are crucial in regards to album sales. She's confirmed for X Factor (thought how soon before the album is uncertain) and Rihanna won't be around and 1D's album isn't going to be released until 2 weeks after hers and if the album release schedule remains the same in that month, she'll have a guaranteed 2 consecutive weeks at #1. She won't have Rihanna overshadowing her this time, which is awesome. I think she's just realising that maybe too much promotion led to her being overexposed last time so she's just going to pick and choose her times instead of going on every show going. Let's face it, Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton always have a much higher caliber of guests and are more respected than Alan Carr. Most of his guests these days are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Archived