💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Arctic Monkeys sell over 97k albums in 3 days .... with singles that peaked #11 and #8.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/midweek-charts-arctics-monkeys-album-hits-100-000-uk-sales/056019

Someone explain to me why drake is 2... I have the radio on at work and applause plays about 6 times a day...

Because it's better than Jay Z and Eminem's songs (Jay Z has tons more airplay in US but Drake is ahead).

And Ellie and Avicii songs have been around for weeks and can't be selling much.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone explain to me why drake is 2... I have the radio on at work and applause plays about 6 times a day...

It's actually tough to explain. I am not really sure where the exposure is. There is no video - not even a lyric video. Right now he's only #30 on airplay and he hasn't promoted at all. The song is just really good and it must be getting around by word of mouth. Once a video comes out and radio/TV airplay really kicks in - I wouldn't be surprised if this song contended for #1, or at least pulled a Moves Like Jagger and hung around at #2 for weeks and racked up huge sales.

Arctic Monkeys sell over 97k albums in 3 days .... and without a top 10 single.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/midweek-charts-arctics-monkeys-album-hits-100-000-uk-sales/056019

Already surpassed the entire first week sales of their last two albums, impressive. Their Glastonbury set definitely revived a lot of interest in them, I keep reading about this album a lot on Twitter. They will definitely pull the biggest first week sales of the year, hopefully Gaga can top that.

SomethingMore

Apparently Wrecking Ball comes out on Sunday. Bye bye top ten.

Whaaat? This is definitely her last week in the top 10.

Arctic Monkeys were bound to get fastest selling album after glastonbury... Gaga was apparently lined up for glasto before her hip broke!

StrawberryBlond

You know, I read Heat magazine every week (don't judge me) and ever since Gaga made her album release/preorder/single release campaign, there has been at least one article writing about her in a positive light every week, even if it's just a teeny little snippet or a acknowledgement about her from someone else. They covered the V Magazine shoot and said how amazing she looked, the Perez situation, her ordering chips when she was in London, everything. They also rated Applause 4/5 in their music section and did a Music Video Analysed about it (the only downside was, they gave Roar 5/5 and said it just trumped Gaga's track, but it was second to her in its music chart every week). I think the magazine must really stan for her. But then, this week's issue flipped things around a bit. They made an article called: "Has Gaga's bubble burst?" and listed all the things that have gone wrong for her this era and even said that her outfits seemed boring. They even had the cheek to say that she lied (yes, they said "lied") about her BTW ticket sales in America and that she really did perform badly, not realising that selling 9,000 tickets or so is all you need to get sell out status in most arenas these days. They then posted a result in a poll they had asked on the website if Gaga's bubble had burst and apparently 69% of readers said yes. How about they make articles about artists who legitimately are fading, like Jessie J? Or have already faded, like Christina? But no, they bought into the untrue negative hype that the media has been feeding us about Gaga for the last 2 years because she isn't selling 12 million copies of one album any more. I'm sure they'll treat Adele just the same when her next album doesn't sell nearly 30 million. *sarcasm*

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157843

Hmm, it still says 4th Sept for me. I wonder how ^ got the new playlist then :huh:

Weird. Oh well, they've got it somehow. Good she is on there for another week but if it doesn't pick up chart-wise it could be the last one.

I see OneRepublic are up there now too so they might stay top ten even if the song goes back to 99p

Weird. Oh well, they've got it somehow. Good she is on there for another week but if it doesn't pick up chart-wise it could be the last one.

I see OneRepublic are up there now too so they might stay top ten even if the song goes back to 99p

They're also up to #04 on itunes. Who woulda thought :eek:

Archived