37. Trampoline (feat. 2 Chainz) - Tinie Tempah

38. Gold Digger (feat. Jamie Foxx) - Kanye West

39. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

40. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

Bubbling Under

58. Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell

82. Made in the USA - Demi Lovato

92. Lose Yourself to Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

Don't see Birdy being a threat, or Jessie J really, her new song is awful and Wild didn't do that great

There's still enough of a threat for Gaga to be pushed out of the top ten though

Also Same Love is rapidly making its way into the top ten too

iTunes Applause, grab WCS' weave and runnnn! :lmao:

It's just like a mad scramble at the bottom of the top ten A game of cat and mouse or something haha

Drake's up to #3, so happy, love that song. Hopefully he can overtake Ellie (only 0.01 away) and end up at #2 officially. He's had a ridiculous green streak today. 6 dark updates in a row. Plus it's only #33 on airplay and doesn't even have a video. This song is gonna be biiiig.

I can't fathom why she flew there and didn't do one TV performance

I don't understand this either why didn't she perform on BBC Breakfast, Daybreak and do a live lounge. Polydor really messed this up

It's just like a mad scramble at the bottom of the top ten A game of cat and mouse or something haha

Drake's up to #3, so happy, love that song. Hopefully he can overtake Ellie (only 0.01 away) and end up at #2 officially. He's had a ridiculous green streak today. 6 dark updates in a row. Plus it's only #33 on airplay and doesn't even have a video. This song is gonna be biiiig.

And yet Applause...

I don't understand this either why didn't she perform on BBC Breakfast, Daybreak and do a live lounge. Polydor really messed this up

I can't believe she didn't get on the series premiere of Alan Carr. Breakfast show performances don't do squat over here so I'm not mad about that. But she definitely should've done a live lounge as part of Radio 1's Even More Music month - for those who don't know there's basically a live lounge session every day from 3rd - 26th September.

It should've been:

30th August - Alan Carr: Chatty Man performance and interview (filmed on 28th)

1st September - Radio 1 Nick Grimshaw interview (maybe not necessary with Live Lounge on 3rd)

1st September - Pre-recorded interviews with BBC Breakfast, Capital FM and KIIS FM UK broadcasted

1st September - iTunes Festival gig

3rd September - Radio 1 Live Lounge performance and interview

I swear I should be in charge of organising her promo  :redface:

And yet Applause...

Just don't, it's too painful :cry:

Seriously though I am surprised Applause has stuck around for as long as it has. The pre-chorus and chorus are catchy but when I first heard it I thought the verses would turn a lot of people off. I thought they were a bit too wordy/weird for radio. But people are kind of embracing it. Not massively, but enough. If Sex Dreams is released as single two I hope it would smash in a big way. I think MANiCURE would do okay, but definitely better in US than here.

Just don't, it's too painful :cry:

Seriously though I am surprised Applause has stuck around for as long as it has. The pre-chorus and chorus are catchy but when I first heard it I thought the verses would turn a lot of people off. I thought they were a bit too wordy/weird for radio. But people are kind of embracing it. Not massively, but enough. If Sex Dreams is released as single two I hope it would smash in a big way. I think MANiCURE would do okay, but definitely better in US than here.

Haha I'm sorry :heart:

I can't say I'm happy with how it has done, but I guess it is better than Y&I/MTN :party:

Plus, her lead singles are always a bit 50/50: Just Dance took almost a year, Bad Romance hovered around the bottom of the top ten before the X Factor helped it explode. Only BTW did 'well' on it's first week and that was because of all the hype, and it would have had the number one had it not been for the bloody friday release.

Haha I'm sorry :heart:

I can't say I'm happy with how it has done, but I guess it is better than Y&I/MTN :party:

Plus, her lead singles are always a bit 50/50: Just Dance took almost a year, Bad Romance hovered around the bottom of the top ten before the X Factor helped it explode. Only BTW did 'well' on it's first week and that was because of all the hype, and it would have had the number one had it not been for the bloody friday release.

Oh, to be a Gaga fan It's never simple lol.

Yeah Applause definitely performed below ALL our expectations I'd say. But from the first couple of days I don't think many of us thought it would still be in the top ten five weeks later so I'll take that. Let's just hope that second single/album promo is handled better.

I'm talking X Factor, Jonathon Ross, Children In Need (which is on 15th November but if Sex Dreams is the single that might be kinda inappropriate ) That would be great actually

Friday 15th November - Children In Need

Saturday 16th November - Jonathon Ross

Sunday 17th November - The X Factor

I can't believe she didn't get on the series premiere of Alan Carr. Breakfast show performances don't do squat over here so I'm not mad about that. But she definitely should've done a live lounge as part of Radio 1's Even More Music month - for those who don't know there's basically a live lounge session every day from 3rd - 26th September.

It should've been:

30th August - Alan Carr: Chatty Man performance and interview (filmed on 28th)

1st September - Radio 1 Nick Grimshaw interview (maybe not necessary with Live Lounge on 3rd)

1st September - Pre-recorded interviews with BBC Breakfast, Capital FM and KIIS FM UK broadcasted

1st September - iTunes Festival gig

3rd September - Radio 1 Live Lounge performance and interview

I swear I should be in charge of organising her promo :redface:

I think all of us in this thread would do a better job of promoting her and her singles than Polydor.

Archived