Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope maybe she can rise from #8 to #6 or so from being A-listed

If she managed that a 6th week top ten would be possible so I hope so.

How are the UK charts calculated?

PS: I also thought it'll go #8 so I'm happy with that :)

It's based on sales only :)

I hear it all the time at work, but that is because we have the radio on all day.

However whenever roar plays we all start singing... sorry...

Anyway radio will boost, Gaga is slowly coming back into the limelight in the UK, I think the fact Radio One is now on her side is a good thing. 

Radio One was on miley's side and she got number one ;)

I like it actually lol

It's all so close between 6-9, so with her spins increasing from tomorrow, I'm fully expecting her to start climbing again

Americano

Thank god Eminem was held off a few weeks and Example ended up flopping. I for sure thought shed drop out of the top 10

StrawberryBlond

A-list R1 support is really going to help from tomorrow. We've seen how Summertime Sadness whoosed up the charts out of the blue due to pure A-list R1 support which in turn led to the song getting exposure and more people buying it (and the reason its still in the top ten). R1 support is what helped Rihanna gain so many UK hits here. This is Gaga's big chance to start alerting the public to her presence again, get a guaranteed 5th week in the top ten and possibly more. Does anyone know how long this A-list support is going to continue for?

A-list R1 support is really going to help from tomorrow. We've seen how Summertime Sadness whoosed up the charts out of the blue due to pure A-list R1 support which in turn led to the song getting exposure and more people buying it (and the reason its still in the top ten). R1 support is what helped Rihanna gain so many UK hits here. This is Gaga's big chance to start alerting the public to her presence again, get a guaranteed 5th week in the top ten and possibly more. Does anyone know how long this A-list support is going to continue for?

It's totally up to R1. I've known them to drop an artist completely from the playlist after only a week on the A-list, but on the flip side, they can keep a song on their A-list for 5-6 weeks if they like it enough. It's just a matter of waiting and seeing

Remember when they had MTN on there then dropped it completely when it edged towards the top ten thanks to the huge promo -_- They've had Applause for a while now and seem to be backing it more as of this past week so let's hope they really support it on the A-list.

Coldplay have just overtaken Miley to #7 which is surprising. The two of them and Gaga are now really close together, and OneRepublic are coming up fast at #10 as well. This means Gaga could well jump up to #7 pretty quickly if she keeps gaining!

Archived