💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Really surprising developments in the charts this week. I think we've witnessed just how loyal metal fans are for Avenged Sevenfold to beat someone who's current single has had 3 consecutive weeks at #1 (Ellie) and someone who had a #1 and the fastest selling single of the year (Naughty Boy). It just goes to show once again that #1 singles really don't matter in the grand scheme of things and certainly don't mean much if you can't sell the album that they came from. Honestly, I expected Ellie to get that #1 this week seeing as Naughty Boy clearly won't be an album seller and Avenged Sevenfold don't have a mainstream fanbase. But, Black Sabbath recently got their first UK #1 album and I've seen it for sale in major supermarkets, so there were signals of a change happening already. So, there's an example of why hit singles don't necessarily translate into album sales. Halcyon has sold little over 300,000, meaning its only just reached platinum status and it looks like this re-release isn't going to do much at all. With that in mind, I think Gaga's going to do just fine considering she's sold nearly 1 million copies of BTW despite having no UK #1's from it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really surprising developments in the charts this week. I think we've witnessed just how loyal metal fans are for Avenged Sevenfold to beat someone who's current single has had 3 consecutive weeks at #1 (Ellie) ... Halcyon has sold little over 300,000, meaning its only just reached platinum status and it looks like this re-release isn't going to do much at all. With that in mind, I think Gaga's going to do just fine considering she's sold nearly 1 million copies of BTW despite having no UK #1's from it.

Not surprised. No artist should do more than ONE re-release, and that should be reserved for the biggest breakout album of their career. Otherwise you make a sucker of fans who buy physical albums promptly upon release. I bet a lot of fans owning both Ellie albums just bought Burn instead this time.

We finally had new certifications :')

Also alot of her singles were certified,it's been ages !

Lovegame = Silver

Judas = Silver

TEOG = Gold

Alejandro = Gold

Born This Way = Platinum

Telephone = Platinum

Bad Romance = Platinum

The Monster Ball DVD = Gold

Lovegame, the legendary top 20 silver hit  :cry:

GagaMyBlood95

We finally had new certifications :')

Also alot of her singles were certified,it's been ages !

Lovegame = Silver

Judas = Silver

TEOG = Gold

Alejandro = Gold

Born This Way = Platinum

Telephone = Platinum

Bad Romance = Platinum

The Monster Ball DVD = Gold

Lovegame, the legendary top 20 silver hit  :cry:

I am happy to see all these amazing singles get certified  :party:

SomethingMore

Marry The Night sold 200,000 in the UK ?

Judas passed 300,000 ?

OP, are these just your projections or valid numbers?

bornthisway51

Any predictions on where she'll be on the chart update? I'm thinking she'll end up at #6 but finish at #8 by Sunday.

You Me At Six are free-falling, which I expected. I'm guessing their fans are he only ones who know it's out at the moment, to be honest.

SomethingMore

Applause IS falling but keep an eye on the numbers. I think it can pull off another week of 30,000+ sales.

Archived