Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Billboard: Applause sells 218,000 copies + #3 Digital Song

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao the "rush release" had nothing to with "Applause" underperforming.

Of course it did. Had she released it when she was supposed to I think it would've debuted a little better. She pit herself directly against Katy Perry instead of letting a week go by to give herself her own time to shine. Maye it wouldn't have been incredibly drastic a difference but at the end of the day pitting yourself against another pop star thats coming off an era with 6 #1 singles and the GP eating out of the palm of her hand while you're trying to chip away at the negative wall built between you and non-supporters.....I think that has a lot to do with it.

Applause is definitely a grower, so its only up from here. Maybe it won't be #1 but its a promising start to a new beginning for her. The BTW-era left such a bad taste in peoples mouths, she has to work to reclaim her popularity. You've got to give her a little time.

EarnYourLeather

Tho I'm disappointed with the numbers, I know that this is better than front loaded sales and a quick plummet to flopsville a la BTW

She should have stuck with her original date. I don't get and believe that leaks are not initiated by the artist's entourage. She set herself to be at a race against KP and she lost....big time: not even half of Roar's sales. But this could be one of her tricks too: part of the reason why the GP is uninterested in her and the other fanbases hate her is because she was on top. Now that she fell off her pedestal (from their perspectives), it could play to her advantage. The pressure is off for a bit.

I am confident Applause will take off. It's a hell of a catchy and happy song, it grows on you by every play, the mv is a piece of art that has both fans and haters bow for it, and her VMA performance will give it this extra push. The only thing I am worried about is radio support. If radio doesn't support it for whatever reason, it might stall. And I should add rush release another single might be the worst tactic now. She would look as desperate and turn off both the GP and fans...

Sometimes I wonder whether this is all part of her own ploy for her decay.

Dylangaga

She shoudl have stuck with her original date. I don't get and believe that leaks are not initiated by the artist's entourage. She set herself to be at a race against KP and she lost....big time: not even half of Roar's sales. But this could be one of her tricks too: part of the reason why the GP is uninterested in her and the other fanbases hate her is because she was on top. Now that she fell off her pedestal (from their perspectives), it could play to her advantage. The pressure is off for a bit.

I am confident Applause will take off. It's a hell of a catchy and happy song, it grows on you by every play, the mv is a piece of art that has bith fans and haters bow for it, and her VMA performance will give it this extra push. The only thing I am worried about is radio support. If radio doesn't support it for whatever reason, it might stall. And I should add rush release another single might be the worst tactic now. She would look as desperate and turn off both the GP and fans...

Sometimes I wonder whether this is all part of her own ploy for her decay.

this TBH...her topping the chart everytime will turn the gp away

RunTheNight

:giveup: Can't say that's good but at least it hold that #3 spot

Hope it can sell better this week :emma:

I wonder if they counted the views of the official audio which has been hidden.

:clap:

They did. They counted everything but the MV.

I'm not as disturbed by generic Roar topping Applause, but by a song who has been number one for 10 weeks and has sold close to 5 million copies to date to be ahead of the first week sales of the biggest pop star on the planet #blurredlines is going to stay for an 11th week ahead of the top 100. On a positive note, it will block generic roar from reaching # 1 and this makes me happy

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived