• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haus

• AgusPop

• urigaga

• monketsharona

MessyTop

I know people use MTN as a bad example, but I LOVE the song and the video, I think the song is one of the most iconic from BTW era. Who cares if it was a flop or not. I love listening to it and t always puts me in an amazing mood.

Morphine Prince

I've joked around about Gaga not debuting as well as we hoped but honestly some of you need to be patient. Real promotion doesn't start until Monday, the song was rush released, and she's been gone for nearly TWO YEARS after her last single flopping. She will do fine. Let's just wait :)

If it was doing "badly", it wouldn't even be in the top 10 right now. How do you look at songs by other pop stars that go to #4 for a few hours before plummeting out of the top ten by the end of the day, and then call this a flop? Are you just trying to find ways to make her look bad or what? Not being #1 is not the end of the world.

That's exactly what I'm doing :) I HATE Lady GaGa. I mean it isn't like I have 34,000 posts on a forum dedicated to her or anything.

She is underperforming. The song has been out for nearly a week. Her and Katy have had an equivalent amount of promo yet Roar is still strong at #1. 

I wouldn't even be making posts like this if people would stop deluding themselves into thinking she's doing good right now. No one expected her to be falling this soon. 

That's exactly what I'm doing :) I HATE Lady GaGa. I mean it isn't like I have 34,000 posts on a forum dedicated to her or anything.

She is underperforming. The song has been out for nearly a week. Her and Katy have had an equivalent amount of promo yet Roar is still strong at #1. 

I wouldn't even be making posts like this if people would stop deluding themselves into thinking she's doing good right now. No one expected her to be falling this soon.

Some songs start better than others, and one week - it hasn't even been a full week, fyi - does not reflect on the long term.

Being in the top ten days after its release is not bad at all. It may not have been what you expected, but it's not BAD. Quit exaggerating.

Yes she is underperforming. But if the MV can't save the song ... Well. I still really love Applause for the fun pop song it is.

And if you're reading this Gaga.. We still love you. Even though Applause might never reach #1, keep slaying us with your performances etc :nick:

Applause was #1 just now on the nationwide syndicated show 'Saturday Night Online with Romeo" for the most downloaded and streamed song of the week!! 

They were all cheering before they played the song saying 'We're so happy Gaga is back and the music industry is about to get a whole lot weirder but we love it'!!  Yayyy :party:

Some songs start better than others, and one week - it hasn't even been a full week, fyi - does not reflect on the long term.

Being in the top ten days after its release is not bad at all. It may not have been what you expected, but it's not BAD. Quit exaggerating.

BUT I NEVER SAID IT WILL BE A FLOP IN THE LONG RUN. WHY can't you understand that? I've repeated it multiple times that my judgement on the song's success is CURRENT and that the promo will help. 

The song is underperforming right now for one of the biggest pop stars in the world who hasn't released in 2 years. It's #1 in FOUR countries and they aren't even big markets. Quit deluding yourself and learn to read. 

You can stop replying to me now, thanks. 

It's important to note that Katy has a Clear Channel radio deal, which is massive promotion; it expires tomorrow, though, so she'll have big drops due to the 8th day effect.

I know people use MTN as a bad example, but I LOVE the song and the video, I think the song is one of the most iconic from BTW era. Who cares if it was a flop or not. I love listening to it and t always puts me in an amazing mood.

Same. MTN was instantly one of my favorite songs from BTW. The fact that we got a music video for it was awesome. I don't care if it flopped.

Arturo

It's important to note that Katy has a Clear Channel radio deal, which is massive promotion; it expires tomorrow, though, so she'll have big drops due to the 8th day effect.

the rolling effect is cuming for kety

It is underperforming right now, no doubt, but we still have the music video premiere, the VMAs and other Applause promo to follow. She hasn't really done anything but a handful of radio interviews anyways.

This is underperforming for GAGA standards, and really it was expected after BTW backlash. Did anyone really expect her to debut at #1 and stay there for weeks?

I do have faith she can make Applause "happen" so Im not going to be negative. Just stating some facts.

Sakrai

and to think that we would still be waiting to hear the song if it wasn't for that leak :fan:

the song hasn't had it's official release yet and there's been meltdowns everywhere wtf 

Oh, I'm just visiting-