Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Abramovic Method Practiced by Lady Gaga (NSFW)

Nullvoid

Featured Posts

DanceInTheFlames

The only thing silly here is Gaga fans acting like people that don't like this need to go to Katy Perry, as if that's some insult. Do people not realize Lady Gaga wasnt always this pretentious, overbearing art school kid in her work?

This video was nothing short of embarrassing and arrogant. She's trying too hard to prove she's artistic and it's just comically misguided.

She's alwyas been fairly "pretentious". Even in the early days of the fame, there are plenty of interviews.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE4L7SI-SwA

But she has the ability to back it up, so she's not really being pretentious. 

Edited by DanceInTheFlames

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bebe

• Miel

• Nullvoid

• giskardsb

Top Posters In This Topic

Queen Gloria

The only thing silly here is Gaga fans acting like people that don't like this need to go to Katy Perry, as if that's some insult. Do people not realize Lady Gaga wasnt always this pretentious, overbearing art school kid in her work?

This video was nothing short of embarrassing and arrogant. She's trying too hard to prove she's artistic and it's just comically misguided.

Excuse me, no. She has always been contradictory and a bit pretentious, just in different costumes and hair. Those are the quirks of Gaga though, why are you acting as if it's unexpected with an album called ARTPOP? And I would be ashamed to be a Katy Perry fan so maybe that could be considered an insult. 

Edited by CarrieMoonbeam

I can't believe I didn't watch this sooner, I just ignored it cause I did not think that it would be like that!

OMG seriously love Gagz forever!

EnigmaMonstr

[–]kanivabk 2103 points 1 hour ago

Alright Katy Perry, your turn!

LMFAO the funniest comment on Reddit

heavyMetalGAGA

I have confronted people who've been hating on her throughout this entire pre-era and even way back into the BTW era. My love for her is still here and will continue on forever. But this time, it just rubbed me the wrong way. It's not because I'm "young" or just want her to slay the charts because if so I'd be stanning for Rihanna and Katy. I would have left YEARS ago if that's all I wanted. I don't find what Katy and Rihanna do to be great but honestly, in my opinion, this wasn't great either. 

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generalize everyone who didn't enjoy this into that category. That's fine if you don't like this! We don't have to like everything she does, hell, that's what makes it fun being a fan of hers! You replied with some respect though. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. There are literally a handful of the same users who come onto almost every thread and just constantly bash her disrespectfully. It gets really tiring after a while. They just project their own insecurities onto her, it's pretty evident at this point. But I'm happy you stayed :) Love the DP btw, that was one of my favorite fashion moments from the BTW era!

Edited by heavyMetalGAGA

DanceInTheFlames

I'm kind of confused why people are so angry about this video, saying Gaga is trying to hard to be artistic. For one, she isn't. She's showing Abramovic's method as a way to promote Marina Abramovic's new institute she is trying to get funding for. It's just a method, a way for artists to empty themselves to prepare to perform. You realize a lot actors do similar things? Does that make them pretentious? In fact, James Franco is a friend of Marina's, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has practiced this method before. I think a lot of people are misconstruing the point of this video. It's simply to show this method, it is in no way trying to be artistic. Maybe on the videography/direction side, but not on Gaga's part. 

Edited by DanceInTheFlames

Monster Voices

I won't even take the time to read all mess I suppose is in this topic. I've taken the time to research Marina thoroughly so I understand what's going on in the video very well .. and I strongly approve. I do believe this will help Gaga's art.

Forever and Always!

Sister

I miss the days when not everything she did needed to be defended via some hipster lens. So cringeworthy.

Or when she wasn't being painted as "the victim" when people don't like it.

It's all becoming sad, predictable and BORING.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Redstreak

She's not even trying to show off that she's artistic. Did she mention that she was somewhere in here? Was it painted on one of those crystals or flashing in giant letters under her vagina that I missed? Meditation is not something one does to be artsy. She always been known to be open with what she does in her life, this is just her giving us another glimpse while also trying to help a friend with a fund raising campaign. But of course people sometimes just have to make mountains out of molehills.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Zilla

I'm kind of confused why people are so angry about this video, saying Gaga is trying to hard to be artistic. For one, she isn't. She's showing Abramovic's method as a way to promote Marina Abramovic's new institute she is trying to get funding for. It's just a method, a way for artists to empty themselves to prepare to perform. You realize a lot actors do similar things? Does that make them pretentious? In fact, James Franco is a friend of Marina's, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has practiced this method before. I think a lot of people are misconstruing the point of this video. It's simply to show this method, it is in now way trying to be artistic. Maybe on the videography/direction side, but not on Gaga's part. 

This, I find this whole method fascinating. Does it work? Maybe. Would I do it? Probably not. 

If it helps her become a better artist, I'm all for it. I mean she was running naked in the woods smoking pot during the process for TFM and where was the big stink over that?

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Arturo

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generalize everyone who didn't enjoy this into that category. That's fine if you don't like this! We don't have to like everything she does, hell, that's what makes it fun being a fan of hers! You replied with some respect though. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. There are literally a handful of the same users who come onto almost every thread and just constantly bash her disrespectfully. It gets really tiring after a while. They just project their own insecurities onto her, it's pretty evident at this point. But I'm happy you stayed :) Love the DP btw, that was one of my favorite fashion moments from the BTW era!

I've defended Gaga from everyone here that has bashed her in a rude way and I know the type of people you're talking about. 

This time I just genuinely do not like what she's doing. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but if more things like this pop up, I see myself not enjoying the era.

However, I won't completely base the era off of this, and I'll wait for the most important part; Applause and its music video.

• Shadow locked this topic