💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: 'Applause' single cover revealed!

Danny

Featured Posts

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mars

• Sexxx

• Bitter

• The Stranger

Top Posters In This Topic

T3ARS

It's so beautiful :cryga: I love it!

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

geopang

See I think it's so curious because everyone is saying THIS IS ART...

Well, what is so artistic about it ? The Pierrot reference ? The paintish makeup ? The signature at the bottom ? The frame surrounding the image ?

I mean, those are all classical artistic stereotypes. I truly feel like they're trying way too hard to make it LOOK artistic instead of it BEING artistic.

To me, the cover or BTW was truly artistic. It respected no artistic criteria. It was a piece of art by itself, without any artistic references.

She really doesn't look like a clown to me. It looks more like she was beat up by "fame" or something like that. She looks scared and vulnerable not very clown like at all.

OMMFG :nooo: IT'S AMAZING :legend: It's SOOOO much better than I thought it would look! It's perfect. Can't wait to actually hear the song. :nooo: :excited2:

!!! She's becoming much more accessible. 

I sort of feel like the opposite. Don't get me wrong. I've been head over heels in love with everything we've seen from ARTPOP so far (visually, at least. still skeptical of some of the early, early lyrics she shared with us). But this all strikes me as very, very highbrow and lofty in aim, whereas BTW was deceptively deep, but had a totally kitsch surface that really gave more casual fans plenty of places to hop aboard.

Juanjo

Amazing, just amazing. I looooove the interview! All the info she's giving us! OMG! ...The era's looking EPIC! I cannot fckin wait!

Coldplay

The colour smudges are beautiful and I LOVE the title placement.

Not sure about the commercial aspect of this picture, though.

:wub:

I guess the commercial aspect overall will be the music.

The Stranger

Fake or not! I love it!

It's not fake!

I sort of feel like the opposite. Don't get me wrong. I've been head over heels in love with everything we've seen from ARTPOP so far (visually, at least. still skeptical of some of the early, early lyrics she shared with us). But this all strikes me as very, very highbrow and lofty in aim, whereas BTW was deceptively deep, but had a totally kitsch surface that really gave more casual fans plenty of places to hop aboard.

I feel like the sounds (Which the GP cares about) are going to be MUCH, MUCH radio friendly/accessible but the lyrics/themes will be even RISKIER than Born this Way's

See I think it's so curious because everyone is saying THIS IS ART...

Well, what is so artistic about it ? The Pierrot reference ? The paintish makeup ? The signature at the bottom ? The frame surrounding the image ?

I mean, those are all classical artistic stereotypes. I truly feel like they're trying way too hard to make it LOOK artistic instead of it BEING artistic.

To me, the cover or BTW was truly artistic. It respected no artistic criteria. It was a piece of art by itself, without any artistic references.

Well, given what Gaga has revealed thus far about ARTPOP and its aims, it would make sense to create an image that plays up artistic archetypes and tries to look self-consciously artsy. If this is a reverse of Warhol and the pop art movement, where images of mass production were treated as art and as legitimate subjects worthy of artistic depiction, the same might be going on here in reverse: an attempt to take well-worn and very recognizably "artistic," "high brow" concepts and recontextualize them in the arena of pop culture and mass consumption.

justbrian

It's not fake!

I feel like the sounds (Which the GP cares about) are going to be MUCH, MUCH radio friendly/accessible but the lyrics/themes will be even RISKIER than Born this Way's

agreed. I think it's going to be a case of 'a spoonful of sugar (or pop) helps the medicine (art) go down'.

www.brianhowarddesign.com

• Shadow locked this topic