💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: 'Applause' single cover revealed!

Danny

Featured Posts

The Fame

I'm so happy to see color on it. :party:  BTW was so dark in retrospect (not necessarily a bad thing, but ARTPOP begs color).

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mars

• Sexxx

• Bitter

• The Stranger

Top Posters In This Topic

SoldierDown

I don't know how I feel about it yet.

At first glance I definitely didn't like it, I was expecting something like the beautiful photos we've had of the era so far (the mask, the chair).

But looking more in to the character (naive, the 'fool', pining and trusting, the butt of jokes) it's made me wonder more about what the song Applause will be about. Hopefully it will be some sort of commentary on how Gaga's often seen as 'the fool', which I think should be quite interesting. It's definitely made me even more curious about the music video!

French Fries

This is her best single cover to date. Its completely different than what you expect from a simple single cover, which usually panders to sell s-x as the image. 

When she uploaded that image of her sitting in the electric throne, I was so disappointed thinking it would be the single cover.

This is what I am here for, all you pressed 16 year-olds can take a seat. You have no prowess in critical thinking. 

:clap: (pun intended)

Married the Night

Very unexpected. I'm pleased with it.

Kinda silly how people say "OMG so artistic!" just because she has paint on her face 

No. It's the pose, lighting and the way her face is painted that makes it artistic. it has all the elements and principles of design. There is a lot going on here. 

ryhanna

Kinda silly how people say "OMG so artistic!" just because she has paint on her face 

That's not what makes it artistic.. :awkney:

It's more to do with the facial expression and blue makeup giving a melancholy feel, as well as using the figure of a clown as a representation of performance.

HMLover

With the little we know of this era so far, does anyone else already feel like it feels so much less "try-hard" than the BTW era? Don't get me wrong, I truly love BTW, but sometimes it felt so forced

Married the Night

With the little we know of this era so far, does anyone else already feel like it feels so much less "try-hard" than the BTW era? Don't get me wrong, I truly love BTW, but sometimes it felt so forced

yep. and this one feels more polished. less rushed.

The Stranger

!!! She's becoming much more accessible. 

And I guess the icon she is portraying on the cover of Applause is Tammy Faye Bakker?

Needs more eye shadow. She ain't got nothing on legend Tammy Faye. :legend:

Arturo

The explanation behind the cover is what makes it so artistic.

Electric Phire

tbh, one of my favorite photos.  It is so mysterious and makes you want more than the photo.  It makes you want the music.  It looks kind of like she has a wig cap on, so it might be her transformation into Gaga.  Wanting more applause.

The explanation behind the cover is what makes it so artistic.

I literally just got home and saw this, I need more time to digest it

ryhanna

I do agree. I love Born This Way, but a lot of it did feel forced. I often felt like Gaga wanted people to take her more seriously with Born This Way, and so she tried to make herself look as artistic as possible. A lot of it didn't come out looking artistic, just Gaga trying too hard. 

But ARTPOP, from what we've seen so far - especially the single cover, comes off so much more naturally. 

HMLover

I literally just got home and saw this, I need more time to digest it

Here's the explanation:

Gaga chose the cover image from the video shoot because she thought it showed a different side of her performance, a vulnerable part that the public doesn’t often see. “It’s the end of the night after the show,†she says. “When I look at it I see that there is a longing for the applause. I see that there is a void that is leaking onstage, that the performer is leaking, that the art is sort of becoming something else in front of your eyes. Something more human, something more honest.â€

• Shadow locked this topic