💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

Doogi

Inb4 Burqa is actually titled "Burqa Swag"

I'd die. :awkney:

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

luxoricious

I can't believe people are so worried about this album.
I mean, after The Fame she obviously delivered with The Fame Monster. 
And after that, even if some of you guys don't think it's good enough, you can't say Born this way was a dissaster, i mean, to me it's still her greatest.

Really you guys, I can't at those comments about Gaga needing to prove with ARTPOP she's not a one hit wonder.
She's clearly one of the most talented artists these days. She has to prove nothing to me.

HausOfMark

Gaga is releasing ARTPOP's first single on

08/19

That is exactly 0819 days after she release Born This Way ....

Clever girl.

interesting!! great find@!!

-Mark

Ratchetry

She's not "Toning down" anything. She even said ARTPOP is a way more risky album than Born this Way.

you can actually be way riskier with a more subdued album or look. The XX did it, Ray of Light proved to be more shocking and risky than any of Madonna's other albums music-wise, Daft Punk recently got applauded for not having headbanging computerized beats, which is riskier than anything out there with the same generic computerized beat.

not everything that is loud and barks is risky, if anything it is more likely of being contrived.

I trust gaga with not toning down, but delivering messages in a different manner. she does pay attention to reception, a lot. at the end of the day she is still a pop star and knows how to manage her career and where to take it. I am confident AP will be completely different than anything she did before, if anything the opposite direction, the only original remaining base being her obsession with fame and dance-oriented music. 

aaronyoji

What if Gaga personifies herself as POP, in love with ART? Essentially a theme of love with the underlying theme being the duality of ART and POP.

she did refer to herself as art's wife last summer in a tweet. 

rivingtonrebels

I think the single eras will be (or are already) a lot more strategically planned out. Thematically, BTW was a little all over the place - especially at the end.  Y&I and MTN both had soooo many different themes in their looks and performances, it was just too much.

aaronyoji

And after that, even if some of you guys don't think it's good enough, you can't say Born this way was a dissaster, i mean, to me it's still her greatest.

Really you guys, I can't at those comments about Gaga needing to prove with ARTPOP she's not a one hit wonder.

She's clearly one of the most talented artists these days. She has to prove nothing to me.

this. :clap: :clap: she's established now. sure she works hard to prove herself as an artist, being that she always feels like the underdog, but in terms of her legacy, she's already reached an established artist. 

ChicaSkas

Cool psychic powers bro.

I don't think it'll be the lead single either. But we don't know that it won't be. We can't say "Oh no, _____________ isn't the lead single" because we know nothing. 

I'll eat my hat. I think I can safely say it isn't. gaga would risk wayyyy too much.

It's not Burqa.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

aaronyoji

im excited to see what is being made of this beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK0u8CWXXFU

Edited by aaronyoji

lhurtadojr

is artRave really a listening party?

it's one day before the release date of AP

I'm sure the album will already leak by then

pretty sure it's more of a performance art showcase gallery thing. I'm assuming Inz+Vindooh will have photos (maybe video clips) on display, meanwhile there will be more of an emphasis on the performance art aspect of it: ergo Wilson, Koons, Abramovic, etc.

Preach g0rl

EGOT2027

What do you guys think is the best strategy for iTunes and radio single premiere times on the 19th?

Personally, I better get to hear it before my first day of school starts at 8AM.....but I may have to go to the bathroom with headphones....again.

exoskeleton123

Single Premiere on The Elvis Duran Morning Show (Z100) at 7:30 AM/ KIISFM

iTunes release at 9:00 AM

What do you guys think is the best strategy for iTunes and radio single premiere times on the 19th?

Personally, I better get to hear it before my first day of school starts at 8AM.....but I may have to go to the bathroom with headphones....again.

• Shadow locked this topic