Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

AgusPop

I'm a bit late to the money discussion, but I think she cares a lot about success. I remember her saying in one if her early fame era that she wanted to do mainstream music that's still considered fine art, and to be mainstream she has to sell, so it is her goal to sell. She would make an excellent Bjork-like artist, but her goal is to make artistic music that tops the charts and is succesful. She cares a lot about sales and success.

The best  :clap:

I must say, I ADORE the debate on the importance of Gaga to sell and market herself. This is ARTPOP. This is what it was supposed to trigger, can Art and Pop truly belong together? Does the money factor makes the artist lose its creative integrity? Can you market Art the same way you market Pop? > Can Pop be Art? / Can Art be Pop?

I've read many interviews by Marina Abramovic where she talked about money. In fact, she said her first performance was sold out and she didn't get a dime for it and it was okay, it wasn't the purpose.

Jeff Koons is also interesting in that aspect cause I believe he has the world record for the highest selling piece of art by a living artist, something along the lines of 30 million dollars. And that caused controversy as well. Does wealth corrupt your artistic vision? Can marketing and artistic integrity cohabit?

I think Gaga will talk about that. Because it is one of the most, if not the most important osbtacle that refrains pop from being perceived as a true, noble art form.

Dylangaga

hopefully we'll have the single next week or atleast by August 1 then album cover a week and a half after

Coldplay

hopefully we'll have the single next week or atleast by August 1 then album cover a week and a half after

I wouldn't like to have the single name too early, because that way it's easier for someone to leak it, an i don't want anything to leak this time.

VioletGaGa

She needs to start posting YouTube videos again...instrumental backgrounds would be nice ;)

Harry

LAURIEPOP.png

:teehee::teehee: :

:toofunny:

She needs to start posting YouTube videos again...instrumental backgrounds would be nice ;)

Yes! I hope Gagavision comes back in the weeks leading up to the album. But since she appears to be against talking to us at the moment I doubt that lol.

Edited by Harry

Eros92

We ALL know this is fake but it sounds hella good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrleJTrne9s

LadyGagaStan93

I'm a bit late to the money discussion, but I think she cares a lot about success. I remember her saying in one if her early fame era that she wanted to do mainstream music that's still considered fine art, and to be mainstream she has to sell, so it is her goal to sell. She would make an excellent Bjork-like artist, but her goal is to make artistic music that tops the charts and is succesful. She cares a lot about sales and success.

Maybe it's just the terms we're using but I feel like mainstream just means that you reach the masses. ( you can do so without selling as well). The major difference between Bjork and Gaga is that while Bjork has her own niche fan base and now relies heavily on that. Gaga has that and the public (the radio support and sales support from the general public). And success can also be measured in many different ways as well. There is critical acclaim, Chart success, and viral success. 

This pretty much goes back to what Haunts has said, the purpose for it isn't the money. But it's definitely the main resource that she needs to make those things happen.

luxoricious

Day 34....

EH, EH (THERE'S NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY)

51hY8-xIvaL.jpg

jv57qu.png

Day5EhEh10.zip (64.0 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!7spWVKbC!P-LCrmbnCk9-bIBKPUriaHNBlidgt-tUYPZnnm4Tg5U

Thank you so much for this!!!

Are u going to post a daily update like this??

Was this the first one???

Thank YOU!!!

Coldplay

Maybe it's just the terms we're using but I feel like mainstream just means that you reach the masses. ( you can do so without selling as well). The major difference between Bjork and Gaga is that while Bjork has her own niche fan base and now relies heavily on that. Gaga has that and the public (the radio support and sales support from the general public). And success can also be measured in many different ways as well. There is critical acclaim, Chart success, and viral success.

This pretty much goes back to what Haunts has said, the purpose for it isn't the money. But it's definitely the main resource that she needs to make those things happen.

My apologies if I'm wrong, but if you're successful in the charts it's because you're selling a lot. I didn't say that money is her goal, be popular is and if you're popular it's, again, because you're selling a lot. I know that money and sales are not what tells if someone is making a cultural impact, but it is a big part of it. And, in adition to that, she needs a budget to make her ideas come true.

• Shadow locked this topic