Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

Ooolong

Her dad loves Burqa + her tweet about "listening to burqa all the day" + Terry Richardson singing it in the monstervision...

This song must be a masterpiece, but it's very dangerous

Terry Richardson singing it in one of the Monstervisions? What? Link, please.  :classy:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

shiptowreck

Plot twist: Burqa is actually a pro-Islam AND pro-Feminism song because the two can, contrary to popular belief, exist at the same time. 

I fully trust that Gaga wouldn't alienate an entire fan base (the Muslim community) over a song. Firstly it'd be a terrible business move, secondly it's dangerous career and health-wise, thirdly she has an innate ability to dash any prior conceptions. Burqa could very well be, as has been mentioned before, a song of empowerment that declares the strength in a woman's choice to wear or not to wear the burqa.  A lot of women wear that garb proudly and Gaga knows this. She wouldn't portray it negatively. 

Ooolong

Im literally dreading the next Scheisse. I hate the dissapointment so much :') but I get the feeling she's really taking full control over ARTPOP

She better be, even she wanted to release Scheisse as a single.F*cking Record label.  :messga:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Kermit the frog

I get that, but extremists exist within all religions, all cultures. I really don't see how censoring herself for the sake of a minority group of extremists will do her any favours tbh. Compromise isn't a word in the artists vocabulary.

Well, you're right. I just don't want any unnecessary controversy this time, especially not with the lead single.

Ooolong

Well, you're right. I just don't want any unnecessary controversy this time, especially not with the lead single.

The lead single won't be Burqa, they said the lead single will be one we haven't heard the title of yet.So I think we're clear for the lead.  :hug:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Levine

Terry Richardson singing it in one of the Monstervisions? What? Link, please.  :classy:

You can't hear the song, of course, only Gaga saying to him "are you singing burqa?"

it may become even greater hun.

And since it's a dance song, what matter the least are the lyrics.

It will make no difference to change 2-3 words so chill.

Have you thought about a career in Record Label management? Your "it's just dance music, the lyrics dont matter" attitude would come in really, really handy

yeah no, i agree :)

Kermit the frog

The lead single won't be Burqa, they said the lead single will be one we haven't heard the title of yet.So I think we're clear for the lead.  :hug:

They just said it was "unnamed", maybe they don't know we know the title already?

Levine

Plot twist: Burqa is actually a pro-Islam AND pro-Feminism song because the two can, contrary to popular belief, exist at the same time. 

It doesn't matter, the title alone will cause controversy and ****storm.

Dangerous Man

Yeah, her Dad is stanning hard  for Burqa. I really have high hopes for this song. :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Ooolong

You can't hear the song, of course, only Gaga saying to him "are you singing burqa?"

Oh, well you still wouldn't mind linking me to the video, or giving me the title of it? I'm usually cracking my arse off over monstervisions to hear most of it.  :toofunga:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Monster Voices

I fully trust that Gaga wouldn't alienate an entire fan base (the Muslim community) over a song. Firstly it'd be a terrible business move, secondly it's dangerous career and health-wise, thirdly she has an innate ability to dash any prior conceptions. Burqa could very well be, as has been mentioned before, a song of empowerment that declares the strength in a woman's choice to wear or not to wear the burqa.  A lot of women wear that garb proudly and Gaga knows this. She wouldn't portray it negatively. 

I do believe this is it! But Judas wasn't an anti-christian song at all, however it was seen as one by many people :ohno:

Forever and Always!

SEANGT

Everyone's arguments about Burqa are making me cringe. You're probably right about it being dangerous - that's why she should want to do it. That is the kind of thing GaGa does. She "hits the nerve." 

As for it actually being dangerous I don't think it's going to be as big of a problem as you all think. Not only that but the argument against it should be that it might be offensive in a cultural appropriation type way - like when no doubt had that music video with native american head dresses and stuff and got dragged for it. Burqas are part of a culture that GaGa is not a part of. She is going to utilize this symbol to send a message - and I think that might be the most controversial thing of all worldwide. It's not just the religious extremists. 

Ooolong

They just said it was "unnamed", maybe they don't know we know the title already?

True.For some reason I keep expecting a You and I type song to end up the lead single.  :smh:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

• Shadow locked this topic