Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Album Sales Continue To Decline (20 Year Comparisons)

hausofmike

Featured Posts

TypicalOpposer

But BTW was a flop right? Bruno and Rihanna are considered wildly successful with these flop numbers, but Gaga was the only one in recent music history to be considered a "let down" ... With an album that sold over 2 million.

yeah but a good 500k of its sales were due to its 99 cent deal with amazon.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emvee

Most of those figures would've still happened without the discount.

But my point was mostly about how exaggerated Gaga's "underperformance" was when you compare her numbers to others. It's like she has to sell twice as much as everyone else or she's a flop and fading. It was all so dramatic.

yeah but a good 500k of its sales were due to its 99 cent deal with amazon.

Harry

Wow the drop from 2004 to 2005 is huge, I guess that's when internet piracy really took off

It's common sense when comparing songs now as oppose to 10+ years ago. It's really sad that most people don't even realize that sales have dropped.

I normally double current sales numbers when comparing them to albums from years ago. For example, BTW probably would have sold around 5.5 million in the US 10 years ago.

Our modern world is full of digital & just new technologies where you can download music for free so why buy the album??? Anyway, Adele and Gaga proved that they still can sell albums. Look at Rihanna and Katy Perry. They have #1 singles almost in every chart but their albums don't sell well

nick4bty

We shouldn't immediately blame iTunes and other digital outlets for the decline. We should really blame the artists that have been putting out music. This year has seem some really ****ty music so far, imo. No wonder why people aren't buying albums - there aren't any good ones to buy!

GagaSkeletonWay

Omg, I thought this was worldwide  :toofunga:

Anyway what a f*cking decline.. I think albums should include something that illegal music cannot include, because it's easier and of course, cheaper downloading music illegally and being honest she is the only artist who I buy her music.

• 2 weeks later...
Spanish Eyes

I for one am so pleased that singles are bigger. If an artist wants the public to buy their album, then they have to fill it with quality songs. Britney Spears may have moved tens of millions with her first two albums, but they were complete **** apart from the hits. I guess my main concern is the quality of the music. 

Galactic Mess

I guess that's what she's trying to do with the app. She's such a smart girl :cry:

Omg, I thought this was worldwide :toofunga:

Anyway what a f*cking decline.. I think albums should include something that illegal music cannot include, because it's easier and of course, cheaper downloading music illegally and being honest she is the only artist who I buy her music.

Archived