💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

who?

Well I guess you should listen to this flawfree song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

and mind you, that flawless girl writes her own material and is just 16 years-old. Your Disney faves would never.

But then again, you only listen to generic songs so... :teehee:

Random:

I think Really Don't Care will do better than Made in the USA, though it sounds I Love It to me esp. the verses.

Really Don't Care should have been the next single. It's so summery and really catchy. MITU sounds cheesy imo.

Edited by CherryMoon

Dangerous Man

Well I guess you should listen to this flawfree song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

and mind you, that flawless girl writes her own material and is just 16 years-old. Your Disney faves would never.

But then again, you only listen to generic songs so... :teehee:

Really Don't Care should have been the next single. It's so summery and really catchy. MITU sounds cheesy imo.

Later, you know already why? ;)

MITU is also flaw-free though. :crossed:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Later, you know already why? ;)

MITU is also flaw-free though. :crossed:

Nah, it's cheesy. The song starts good until the cheesy chorus starts. I can't see teenage American girls bopping into it. Really Don't Care is much relatable to those teenagers out there. :teehee:

JeffSwift

The iHeart lineup was just announced. It's the weekend of September 20th. http://festival.iheart.com/

No sign of Lady Gaga, but Katy Perry will be attending.

It seems kind of boring... I mean i'm sure Katy will rock it as usual and watching Adam Lambert perform with Queen would be pretty awesome. But other then that, I don't know. Lol

Gaga's single only needs to sell over 623,000 to snatch TayTay's record.

Do you think this will actually happen? I have my doubts, depending on when and how she releases it. If she used the VMA's I would say sure. I mean all Taylor did was have a live video webchat and debuted the new single. I guess we'll see. 

What I'm more interested in is why people don't ever call out We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together on it's 'disappointing' sales (3,660,930) when they'll do the same to Born This Way's sales (3,908,231) without a second thought.  :nails:

Taylor has never been a singles artists. Her last album 'Speak Now' underperformed when it came to singles but it still had massive album sales. So when she finally had a hit single, even selling 3,660,930 copies is still amazing. Also, her second single sold even more then the lead single which doesn't happen very often. 

Edited by JeffMartin

Americano

Do y'all think Taylor will get another hit with that Ed song?

Her era so far:

1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: #1 (3x Platinum)

2, Begin Again: #7 (Platinum)

3. I Knew You Were Trouble: #2 (4x Platinum)

4. 22: #20 (Platinum)

5. Red: #6 (Platinum) ****that was its promo single peak. it was sent to country radio and is currently rising

6. Everything Has Changed: #67***SO FAR

So can it? 

No, 22/Red/Everything Has Changed have all been non-events.

Red looks good because of its promo release peak, but the video is an absolute dud and 22 was inflated from that target commercial or whatever.

Everything Has Changed went into Top 10 of itunes in UK for like 3 days when taylor promoted it there and then fell out quickly.. and thats Ed's home territory.

Is BL starting to slow down?

YES :party:

Edited by Americano

Pop Art

It seems kind of boring... I mean i'm sure Katy will rock it as usual and watching Adam Lambert perform with Queen would be pretty awesome. But other then that, I don't know. Lol

Do you think this will actually happen? I have my doubts, depending on when and how she releases it. If she used the VMA's I would say sure. I mean all Taylor did was have a live video webchat and debuted the new single. I guess we'll see. 

Taylor has never been a singles artists. Her last album 'Speak Now' underperformed when it came to singles but it still had massive album sales. So when she finally had a hit single, even selling 3,660,930 copies is still amazing. Also, her second single sold even more then the lead single which doesn't happen very often. 

Actually, I don't think your giving her enough credit. Yes, she has few singles that have sold huge numbers, but her sales are very consistent. Even many of her under performing singles end up selling one or sometimes even two million.

Americano

Jeff is right, Taylor is an album seller and big touring act. Similar to Gaga in the sense that she has big lead-singles and then dwindles as the era goes, because she has such a large fanbase.

JeffSwift

Actually, I don't think your giving her enough credit. Yes, she has few singles that have sold huge numbers, but her sales are very consistent. Even many of her under performing singles end up selling one or sometimes even two million.

Yeah that's very true, I was mainly talking about the radio though. They never got the spotlight the way they should have. I don't think there was enough promo for the Speak Now Era, but that's just me. It's hard to do a lot of promo when your album comes out in October and you start a 2 year tour in January. 

Jeff is right, Taylor is an album seller and big touring act. Similar to Gaga in the sense that she has big lead-singles and then dwindles as the era goes, because she has such a large fanbase.

WAIT. We actually agree on something? STOP THE PRESSES. LOL

Americano

He's signed to Interscope. Inb4 accusations from other stans that they're sabotaging him for Gaga

I just want the ARTPOP era to have three hits. Anything more than three is bonus, for me.

HOTRODSGAGA

Two MEGA hits + two meh singles would do just fine for ARTPOP.

if there's trap on ARTPOP, she shoul have an urban single to expand her fanbase

Pop Art

I'm not gonna lie, I want all the singles to be hits, and I'd honestly be disappointed if they weren't. And they don't even have to huge hits - all I'd like is for each of them to peak within the Top 10 and sell at the very least 1,000,000. That would be great to me.

Arturo

Yes I actually think it can happen. Gaga did more than half of that in 3 days. And I don't want to hear all this "But she was riding of off hype".

You can preview the single. People wouldn't buy it just for hype if they truly thought it sucked. I'm not saying Gaga will cross 1M in a week with her single but she can definitely bear Taylor's record if done correctly. Also, she'll have a few more hours on Taylor if I remember correctly.