💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

chris777

85. Ariana Grande - The Way (feat. Mac Miller) [spanglish Version]

...  :huh:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

ryhanna

Agreed. It's quite addictive in the ears. I wouldn't mind if this single top the HOT 100 eventually, well if it keeps its spot in the coming weeks. Just for something new atop the charts. 

Anyway, I also noticed that Radioactive has risen back to #3 in iTunes while the album, Night Visions, is at #4. :party:

Great! I'm liking Imagine Dragons a lot right now. They currently have some of the most interesting songs on radio.

Great! I'm liking Imagine Dragons a lot right now. They currently have some of the most interesting songs on radio.

Yay! Glad that you like them!  :party: Night Visions is a pretty solid album too. Personally, it's the best alternative rock album since Songs About Jane back in 2002. Their song titled "Amsterdam" sounds like a hit material. Hopefully, they'd release it as a single after Radioactive. 

Dangerous Man

Ugh.. I didn't make it to the 1st page. :nooo:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Dangerous Man

20 Bruno Mars - Treasure

:rip:

Finally, the first version is in the top 20! YASSSS!!! :excited2:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

20 Bruno Mars - Treasure

:rip:

Finally, the first version is in the top 20! YASSSS!!! :excited2:

Keep climbing!  :clap:

AURA

5. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

7. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

20. Treasure - Bruno Mars

30. Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

38. Slow Down - Selena Gomez

:) :kisses:

Disney smashing :legend:

Pure Adrenaline

the OP loooks amazing.... but did I missed something:

Judas
US Hot 100: #10
2X Platinum

Marry the Night
Platinum

When this happened???

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

the OP loooks amazing.... but did I missed something:

When this happened???

RIAA recently made a few changes with regards to their certifications. They've added on-demand audio/video streaming to the formula. It's the same reason why Bad Romance is now considered as a 10x platinum hit.

Here's the article / thread concerning the RIAA's new system. 

VforVendetta

He has created a strong fan base over the years. And with that, it's most likely he'd do fine with his upcoming album, if not better - given all the controversial confirmed tracks so far, such as "New Slaves" and "I Am A God". A lot of high-profiled rumoured collaborators could be a good indicator as well on how his new album will perform. 

kanye-article-info.jpg

I think that a song named I am A God can damage everyone's career! It is not just controversial, it is offensive and not only to relegious people. The GP(including many of us since we are the GP for him) will be offenced with such a vain title.

I think that a song named I am A God can damage everyone's career! It is not just controversial, it is offensive and not only to relegious people. The GP(including many of us since we are the GP for him) will be offenced with such a vain title.

It may or may not backfire, I think. And it's perhaps because of the type of Kanye's core target audience. Back in 2004, Kanye released a single titled "Jesus Walks" from his debut album, College Dropout, which was relatively well-recieved by both his fans and the critics. Here are some of the lyrics from that single:

"They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus,

That means guns, s-x, lies, video tapes,

But if I talk about God my record won't get played, Huh?"

And I've a strong feeling that's exactly the core message he'd most likely explore in this upcoming album, which is titled "Yeezus".

Edited by PokerFist

VforVendetta

It may or may not backfire, I think. And it's perhaps because of the type of Kanye's core target audience. Back in 2004, Kanye released a single titled "Jesus Walks" from his debut album, College Dropout, which was relatively well-recieved by both his fans and the critics. Here are some of the lyrics from that single:

"They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus,

That means guns, s-x, lies, video tapes,

But if I talk about God my record won't get played, Huh?"

And I've a strong feeling that's exactly the core message he'd most likely explore in this upcoming album, which is titled "Yeezus".

The song you just mentioned is as risky as inginious and commercial though. It isn't controversial at all, he just was clever enough to make it feel as a controversial song in the beginning. That song doesn't offend anyone except maybe some relegious people. A song named I am A God can even turn the GP against him because of his vanity and not just some relegious people. It can do damage tohis whole career and image not just on this era. Take Bieber as an example, he has a huge female fanbase because of his image but he has even more haters that fans because noone can stand him. 

RabbitHeart

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Kanye just completely disregards chart performance and things like that when making music. I mean, his last album did AMAZING with critics, but I'm pretty sure it's biggest hit was...All of the Lights? And one of his biggest promo spots was his performance on the VMAs because of the whole apologizing-about-Taylor thing and he spent it promoting an almost ten minute long track off his album. I think his main focus is the music and chart performance might come after.