đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

She has everything to fear. A fourth major release is make or break for an artist. ARTPOP can be a masterpiece, but that doesn't guarantee that the GP will eat it up. Especially with their options literally ENDLESS in this fall season, if they don't like Gaga's album, they can just buy someone else's because SO many people are releasing this fall. 

Especially with Eminem and 1D releasing. Britney, Beyonce, Rihanna, J.Lo, Mariah, Miley and the like aren't a threat to her but those 2 are. They've proven that they can definitely get those rack in those first week sales and LONGEVITY. 

My main concern is rooted in the release weeks. I don't want to see 2 big names facing off for the top spot. It's so messy.

Eminem isn't a threat to her; this isn't 2003. His last album was designed for top 40; the rumors going around are that his new album is darker and less mainstream. And One Direction does not appeal to the same audience as her.

Fourth albums are usually only issues for artists who didn't have a blockbuster third album (which Gaga did).

First The Fame Monster was going to be her make-or-break album, then Born This Way, now ARTPOP? How many consistent successes is it going to take for people to stop saying this?

Edited by Cherry

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizzy

OMG.. Selena 9 weeks in Top 10.. it is 9 weeks right. And am I writing the chart positions right??

6-7-6-7-8-8-9-9-9

:legend::party:

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Dangerous Man

I wish that voice call wasn't included on the song. It was unnecessary and made the song look cheesy and cheap.

It was okay for me though. :shrug:

i'd prefer Gorilla tbh

It's a risky choice for me though. I mean, that song IS ABOUT ROUGH SEX. :ohno:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Eminem isn't a threat to her; this isn't 2003. His last album was designed for top 40; the rumors going around are that his new album is darker and less mainstream. And One Direction does not appeal to the same audience as her.

Fourth albums are usually only issues for artists who didn't have a blockbuster third album (which Gaga did).

First The Fame Monster was going to be her make-or-break album, then Born This Way, now ARTPOP? How many consistent successes is it going to take for people to stop saying this?

Fair enough. If he really is going to pursue a less mainstream sound, then I suppose we can rule him out. But hip-hop buyers are very loyal and always buy albums regardless of the content [ie. MGHG, mixed reviews so far but expected to open with over 400K and that's without a lead single, which Eminem will definitely have, and Jay-Z isn't even as successful as Em]. And both Gaga and 1D appeal to similar audiences. They both rely mainly on pop radio and haven't experienced too much crossover success so it's not a stretch to say pop album buyers are both their main demographic. It's safe to say they're still competition. 

I agree with your second point. 

Dangerous Man

She can't do that. Her song is going to get crushed by holiday songs and year-end lists on radio. Xmas season is awful for singles.

Locked Out of Heaven disagrees...

Dangerous Man

Demi is finally releasing Made in the USA next week :legend:

Thanks for Posting!

excited 4 this! :excited2:

well, i guess Tunnel Vision is only for Europe after all

what? noooooo..

the song has so much potential on it. 

Dangerous Man

OMG.. Selena 9 weeks in Top 10.. it is 9 weeks right. And am I writing the chart positions right??

6-7-6-7-8-8-9-9-9

Locked out of heaven was there for 20 weeks. :whitney:

Dangerous Man

And Starships! :emma:

ahmmm.. whose song is that?

Fizzy

Locked out of heaven was there for 20 weeks. :whitney:

it was number 1 and sold 4 million plus.. come and get it is like at 1.7 million.. -_-

WarriorPrince

6-7-6-7-8-8-9-9-9

Slaying all the basic disney stars

mt17topa.gif

Fizzy

mt17topa.gif

PREACHHHHHHHHHH GURLLLL....!!! :yes::party::bunny:

Dangerous Man

mt17topa.gif

except miley.

it was number 1 and sold 4 million plus.. come and get it is like at 1.7 million.. -_-

well, it's going to fall like a rock soon though. :hug:

Fizzy

People said Demi won't be lead in the video? Is it true?? from the Teaser it doesn't look like it.. :)

except miley.

well, it's going to fall like a rock soon though. :hug:

Just like Bruno's career honey.. :kisses::hug: