'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Anna Kendrick is up to 9 on iTunes :party:

Cups is majorly slowing down on pop though. I hate when radio does this. The song's digital sales to airplay ratio is great. Why can't they see that and give it more spins? It better get a huge update tomorrow!

Because it's been on the radio for almost four months, and a lot of stations added it in strong rotation immediately. It's getting old.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

chris777

"Diamonds" and "Stay" were just as big, if not bigger, than half of the singles from Teenage Dream.

And had better WW  chart performance

Edited by chris777

Ozzy8923

I think Bonnie McKee is the next pop girl. Her song American Girl is already getting early airplay from a ton of stations, it's the #1 featured song on All Access, and iHeart stations are promoting the song as well. It's no question the song will be a success. She has an album coming out in the fall, too.

:omg: Is this true? I LOVE the song! It has such a summery vibe. Hope it does well. :excited2:

Edited by Ozzy8923

Americano

I don't see Bonnie anywhere on pop radio or in the iTunes top 100 tho

Ozzy8923

It's not on iTunes yet. I think they're doing what people used to do before and what Enrique Iglesias did with his latest single where they service the song to radio so it can climb steadily and then release it to iTunes when the song is high enough on radio so it can have more frontloaded sales. I suppose for a new artist like Bonnie, that's the way to go for now.

Americano

how is it getting airplay though if its not even charting on top 40? i dont even know this american girl song, im just asking lol

Thirteen

Speaking of Enrique Iglesias... his new single is coming out soon :derpga:

I'm pretty excited about it.

It's not on iTunes yet. I think they're doing what people used to do before and what Enrique Iglesias did with his latest single where they service the song to radio so it can climb steadily and then release it to iTunes when the song is high enough on radio so it can have more frontloaded sales. I suppose for a new artist like Bonnie, that's the way to go for now.

Or they're doing what Ke$ha did and releasing her first single for free to establish a fanbase.

I don't see the song being a very big hit, but...

Edited by Cherry

Ozzy8923

Or they're doing what Ke$ha did and releasing her first single for free to establish a fanbase.

I don't see the song being a very big hit, but...

I do remember reading that she gave away 50K copies for free on her website or something like that. I guess it's all done to just get some momentum going for her right now. 

Mariano

"Diamonds" and "Stay" were just as big, if not bigger, than half of the singles from Teenage Dream.

wtf !?

Cali Gurls - 5M+

TD - 4M+

Firework - 6M+

E.T. - 5M+

LFN - 5M +

TOTGA (Not sure have no Idea but I think It's close to 3M)

Diamonds - 3M

Stay - ALmost 3.3M  (It will be 4M at most and this will happen months from now ..) and this is Rihanna's biggest hit since We Found Love (5.5M at most..)

wtf !?

Cali Gurls - 5M+

TD - 4M+

Firework - 6M+

E.T. - 5M+

LFN - 5M +

TOTGA (Not sure have no Idea but I think It's close to 3M)

Diamonds - 3M

Stay - ALmost 3.3M  (It will be 4M at most and this will happen months from now ..) and this is Rihanna's biggest hit since We Found Love (5.5M at most..)

"Last Friday Night" and "Wide Awake" sold 3 million; "Part of Me" and "The One That Got Away" sold less than that. That's half the era. "Diamonds" and "Stay" have both sold over 3 million and as you said, "Stay" will probably peak at 4 million. Edited by Cherry