Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 3 KANYE WEST ROC-A-FELLA/DEF JAM/IDJ 65,721 -80%

YEEZUS

Not only a mediocre first week, but a monster drop off in week 2.

Natalia Kills - Saturday Night

#200 Canada

#301 United States

Coming to smash (hopefully). It's a damn catchy song. Interscope needs to promote it.

YESSSSS!! Krewella's new single is featured on the front page of iTunes!!! :legend: :legend:

heavymlover

One Republic new song is really good ! I'll download their album, their last single was quality material to me.

It's an amazing album. One of the most underrated albums this year, in my opinion.

Ozzy8923

YESSSSS!! Krewella's new single is featured on the front page of iTunes!!! :legend: :legend:

Trust me, it didn't help OLL. Don't get TOO excited. :teehee:

Dangerous Man

One Republic new song is really good ! I'll download their album, their last single was quality material to me.

I agree. Counting Stars is catchy also. If only they can promote it again...

Not only a mediocre first week, but a monster drop off in week 2.

yeah... almost the same percentage drop of BTW... 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

nick4bty

With no single and no further promotion, Yeezus is going to disappear in the matter of weeks. 

like what? :awesome:

--

Chart News â€

I agree to that.

ANYTHING else.

Blurred Lines is awful. I dislike Robin Thicke's attitude, like he's some kind of s-x god. Using naked girls in his video to get more sales. Blurred Lines really shouldn't be smashing like it is. It's not catchy at all. I seriously hope he doesn't become a thing. I don't like his voice, his attitude, his image, what 'appeals' to other people about him, his songs, etc. He can sing, but I just don't like him. Blurred Lines is so mediocre. I'm honestly hoping his next song doesn't smash. It sounds better than Blurred Lines, so I'm worried/nervous/scared. I wish ANY big artist had new stuff out. Rihanna's RN is clearly not going to smash, Crazy Kids (feat. Flop.i.am) is flopping too, because of his horrible verse, it's just depressing. I stopped paying attention to pop radio when these mediocre songs started smashing because of the lack of really catchy music from bigger artists. It's been a trend since 2012 for one-hit wonders to sweet the charts. BUT, I liked Gangnam Style. I like Somebody I Used to Know. I liked Call me Maybe (not that much), I liked those songs WAY more than Blurred Lines. I don't get why people like it. Get Lucky is lovely. I love Daft Punk's direction. Blurred Lines though? Please no. Where is Beyonce? Where is Britney? Where is Gaga? All making new music. And we get generic boring songs to fill the void while they're making smashes. It sucks. I hate these 'dry-eras', as I like to call them. It's nice when a one-hit wonder releases a GOOD song, but that is becoming rare. I wouldn't call Blurred Lines good by any standards. I just miss the days when Bey/Brit/Gaga were dominating the radio. I miss pumping my fists to Britney's irresistably catchy 'WOAH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH'. I'm afraid this boring music is becoming a trend, now. What if Beyonce or Godney release songs like this? That'll be horrible. I know Gaga won't, but if Gaga's the only one doing dance EDM anthems, her sales might suffer because the GP might prefer that dull crap over some real good music. 

Thirteen

Blurred Lines is nice, but it definetly shouldn't be smashing like it is. 

Where is True Love now? Did it enter top 300?

GagaMyBlood95

With no single and no further promotion, Yeezus is going to disappear in the matter of weeks. 

:yes:

It's an amazing album. One of the most underrated albums this year, in my opinion.

I know right?

AURA

HR messing Demi's new single :fail: Might be because of Demi's loss though.

2 Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop 0.5095 (light green update) :worship:

Fizzy

POP

2 1 SELENA GOMEZ Come & Get It 14516 14017 499 85.615

-31 Spins

-103 Bullet

-0.103 Audience

3. Get Lucky +136 spins

4. Blurred Lines +460 spins WTFFFFF

Blurred Lines is coming for her beautiful ass

Come & Get It 14516 - (31 x 4) = 14392 spins

Get Lucky 13324 + (136 x4) = 13868 spins

Blurred Lines 13003 + (460 x4) = 14843 spins NOOOO

The sad thing is that she could easily decrease more on Friday and Sunday.

Blurred Lines needs to slow the **** down or she won't get the #1 :cry:

I hope she makes it! :(

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

AURA

I hope Sel gets her first #1 on Pop Songs. It'd be another great achievement for her coming from this single.

Finally started liking Get Lucky. Though, I don't see it as the masterpiece people think it is

Edited by Renegade

VforVendetta

It's obvious that the Pop girls will NEVER achieve hits of these magnitudes. One of the reasons that these one-hit-wonders are achieving these GIANT hits is because no one in America really knows who they are, they just hear the song on the radio, like it, and buy it. In the case of the Pop girls, all of them are well-known and have an established image around them that can detract potential buyers. If you tell someone that you bought a Robin Thicke/.fun/Gotye/Carly Rae Jepsen single, none will blink an eye but if you tell someone you bought a Britney/Gaga/Beyonce/J.Lo/Katy/Rihanna song some will definitely scorn it. It's just something I felt like sharing. Especially since it should be noted that both Gaga and Adele achieved what will most likely end up being their most successful songs in the US when they were new artists who no one knew yet. 

:trootea:  :clap: You really impressed me!