đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was it Gaga's outfits that really skyrocketed her into fame?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Forrest Gump

not really i mean, the fame outfits were just typical pop star stuff. She even wore jeans once.

but it was the places she wore them that cause attention. like kermit the frog jacket at an interview, a bondage mask on the red carpet, a skin colored leotard and kinky boots walking down the street. i mean who does that? it all screamed "look at me" but she was emulating the fame.

Def set her apart. She bought avant garde to the mainstream.

too bad she couldn't do the same musically

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111

Her fashion helped to set her apart.

Poker Face skyrocketed her fame though.

Celina

I think it helped her make headlines (obviously), and it's a part of who she is so you can't really count it out... But if she didn't have the music and talent to back it up, I doubt she would've been able to rely on keeping people's attention through her outfits for too long. So in the long run, no, but at first, absolutely.

Willy Wonka

who says she ever wanted to

heavymlover

It's part of her appeal, that's for sure. Her songs are really catchy and she's a great performer, so probably she would've been been without the outfits anyway, but yeah, I'm sure that gave her tons of attention at the beginning.

CANNOGABANG

It's her whorish attitude.

Nah it's actually Poker Face. I assumed that people would thought of her as a one-hit wonder (as do I), but she managed to prove otherwise with Poker Face. Her outfits are there to assist and keep the media attention afloat.

Devil of Pop

Well duh, but other factors such as music, performance art, personality helped too. In order to get famous you need to have a gimmick.

Forrest Gump

who says she ever wanted to

well gaga did when she refered to her last album as avant-garde

3q425253qwewq

It actually came down to something that hadn't been seen before, at least not in the last decade from a pop - singer

- A voice.

The clothing added to the significance of her success, but she's famous solely for the sonic tea that she can spill.

General public would say it's the fashion;

the fans know it is the falsettos.

:tea:

Willy Wonka

well gaga did when she refered to her last album as avant-garde

but she released the safest, most mainstream songs as singles

i don't think she's really tried to make avant-garde mainstream

jhonyguy04

but it was the places she wore them that cause attention. like kermit the frog jacket at an interview, a bondage mask on the red carpet, a skin colored leotard and kinky boots walking down the street. i mean who does that? it all screamed "look at me" but she was emulating the fame.

she did. she bought dance music to the mainstream!!  :worship:

The Plague

Absolutely. I've always thought of her focus on fashion as one of the most essential factors in her rise, I couldn't imagine her without it.

I also think her eccentric outfits helped keep her in the press and talked about without Gaga's 'personal life' coming into the play at all. Her clothing definitely helped keep her afloat, even if most times people were making fun of what she wore rather than praising it, at least she was being talked about.

So yes. Gaga's fashion = Essential to Gaga's relevance.

Forrest Gump

she did. she bought dance music to the mainstream!!  :worship:

oblivious.png oh yeah, she really did oblivious.png

Chucky

Absolutely :legend: 

they just set her apart from the other basics but it was her music that brought her where she's today

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived