Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Random Movie Discussion

Mills

Favourite Movie Genre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of movies do you like most?

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is your 5 favorite movies?

The Godfather

The Hours

Vertigo

Gone with the Wind

2001: A Space Odyssey.

• what type of movies do you like to watch?

Any type.

• what's the last movie you watched? Is it good?

Gravity, I'm still in shock. Flawless mexican director.

• give us some of your movies that we should watch?

My list is endless... 

Didymus

Five favorite movies:

Metropolis, Antichrist, Melancholia, Thelma and Louise, Rocky Horror Picture Show

What type of movies do you like to watch?

Good ones.

What's the last movie you watched? Is it good?

Machete Kills. I loved it. I'm definitely seeing the third one, which looked epic as hell.

Movies you should watch:

All of the ones in my top 5.

• what is your 5 favorite movies?

Almost Famous

Girl, Interrupted

Kill Bill Vol 1

Kill Bill Vol 2

Juno

All different kinds. I don't have just one particular taste. If it's a good movie, I'll enjoy it. Regardless of genre.

Machete Kills. Yes it was amazing. I really enjoyed the first movie so when I heard that Gaga was going to be in the sequel I was so excited. Unlike many fans, I wasn't disappointed by her lack of screen time because I guessed that her appearance would be short when she shot the film, considering that she was only on set for 2 days. But her screen presence and charisma was fantastic and she nailed the character. Overall, I loved the movie. The slapstick/action humour is great and I think some people who are criticizing it just don't understand it and Robert Rodriguez's style of film making.

The five that I mentioned above.

Other favourites of mine include Factory Girl, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Mean Girls, 8 Mile, Avatar, Valley of the Dolls, The Hunger Games, The Good Girl, and so many more.

• What are your 5 favorite movies? (in no particular order)

Pulp Fiction

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Silence of the Lambs

The Sound of Music

Kill Bill, Vol. 1

• What type of movies do you like to watch?

Any, but have a particular preference for Horror movies  :creepflop:

• What's the last movie you watched? Is it good?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2; it was a cute movie, very much made for kids.

• Give us some of your movies that we should watch?

Too many to name. I would say the movies from my top 5, any movies by Hitchcock, any movies byTarantino, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Black Swan, The King's Speech, Sweeney Todd, and many others,   

Andy McQueen

What are your five favourite movies?

For me, that's really difficult to tell - since my tastes always changes from day to day and it's possible that I suddenly love something that I hated before or vice versa. There is not such thing like a favorite film for me. Anyway, I've watched sooo many movies that it's really hard to decide for me.

I really like "Freaks" by Todd Browning (well, parts of it - I would have changed the ending and other parts) and "Metropolis" by Fritz Lang. I love old movies as well as mainstream blockbusters, classics as well as independent filmes - experimental work, art movies, trashy B-movies and so forth... I have an eclectic taste.

I would say I like "Amélie" ("Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain" = "The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain") by Jean-Pierre Jeunet somehow. It's just... special for me. It's different than most movies I know. But it can be terrible "kitschy" and sentimental, so you have to like stuff like that.

I remember clearly that when I was a child, my favorite was Walt Disney's musical "Mary Poppins" (inspired by the books of Pamela Lyndon Travers, which I also loved as a kid - although the difference between the movie and the original stories couldn't be bigger, probably - the books were quite dark, mysterious and surreal; the cinema adaption was more whimsical, colorful and bright instead etc.), that's why I look forward to the movie "Saving Mr. Banks", since I'm very interested in the backstory of it - but I'm sure there is a lot of artistic freedom, since the real Mrs. Travers (Helen Lynwood Goff was her real name I believe) disliked most parts of the movie.

I'm a huge fan of Tim Burton, always was. Many people hate him and/or his movies, but I don't care. I feel a deep emotional connection with movies like "Edward Scissorhands" - it's so simple and nonsense and yet so genius.

What else is there in store? Hhmm... I really like "Death Becomes Her", although that movie flopped - both at the box office as well with the critics, but I like it personally. I like Robert Zemeckis' older work like "Forrest Gump", "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" etc., but I can't stand his "Motion Capture Films", I just don't like the "Uncanny Valley Effect" that this Perfomance Capturing has.

"Schindlers List" is a movie that I could only watch once, it moved me so much, I don't think I'm able to watch it a second time. It's so terrible when you think that all of this horror really happend once (and there is still so much cruelity on this world). I think it deserved all it's oscars (Academy Awards).  

I like the movie "Hocus Pocus", it's fun. I love comedies from the 90's in general, perhaps.

Well, there are sooo many more, these just popped out of my head, but there are lots of others...

What type of movies do you like to watch?

I really like "weird movies", if that makes any sense. I like the unusual. Matthew Barney, Alejandro Jodorowsky, David Lynch, Jan Ã… vankmajer and so forth - it's sooo bizarre. I always wonder what did I just watch, and that makes it kind of entertaining. I also love fantasy, fairy tale adaptions and surreal stuff. And funny movies. I'm not a fan of splatter horror movies or stuff like that at all, I don't know why. I've watched the remake of "Crazies" and "The Human Centipide" and I almost couldn't make it through it - I'm a very sensible person; I prefer comedies and movies that light my heart, not such scary pervert sh*t tbh. Real life is scary enough for me... I know, I'm odd.

What's the last movie you watched? Is it good?

"Art School Confidential". Personally, I enjoyed it, but it could have been much better in my mind.

Give us some of your movies that we should watch?

I've watched "Mr. Nobody", but I never could get warm with that movie. It could be kind of interesting though for some people, maybe.

There's this german coming-of-age movie "Sommersturm" about a boy who is gay and is afraid of showing his feelings. It's so... I don't know. I think it's a really beautiful movie, but I don't even know if an english translated version is available, sorry.But perhaps some would enjoy it...

I kinda like the anime "Paprika" by Satoshi Kon. And "The 10th Kingdom" by Hallmark Entertainment - but it's a TV miniseries and quite "cheesy" at times.

Oh, I love Disney movies in general. There's this surreal short movie called "Destino" (based on Salvador Dalí and cancelled from "Fantasia 2000") which I really like.

I had to do this movie a long time ago for school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJmg8zN53kA :sweat: And I wonder why the actress in "Memoirs of a Geisha" had blue contact lenses, but that's another story...

Now I lost the thread, sorry. :confused:

ManuelColon

Batman Returns, The Shawshank Redemption, Black Swan, Toy Story 3 and Zero Dark Thirty (just added it to complete the list and because it was my favorite 2012 movie)

I watch and feel interested mostly by drama, Sci Fi too! And as some of you have said, if the movie is good then i can watch it.

I think it was Pacific Rim, it is good i really enjoyed it and the special effect were really good!

Uhm, search for films made in my country (Venezuela) and watch them! From this year you should all watch Side Effects, increadible!

One Five Ten

Pulp Fiction, The Social Network, Psycho (1960), Bridesmaids, Inglourious Basterds.

All types, it'd be easier to say what I don't like. I'm not big on Westerns, but even that has exceptions.

Diana. No. Before that, Prisoners, which was fantastic.

I'm gonna recommend some that aren't my favourites, but movies that I think won't be recommended so much on here. Requiem for a Dream, Hard Candy, Across the Universe, WALL-E, Red Eye. :legend:

I really can't wait for Thor 2. Loki

November is just around the corner. Thor 2 is fast approaching! I, too, cannot wait to see it!  :excited2:

Can't choose. But if I had to pick some random ones, like, gun to my head type of thing, I'd say:

Pan's Labyrinth

Spirited Away

The Dark Knight

Big Fish

The Pursuit of Happyness

There are a few categories of movies that I enjoy the most. The first are indie films, but especially those strange indie films (often horror) that come on in the middle of the night; stuff like Sisters, Funny Games, Dans Ma Peau (In My Skin), or Downloading Nancy. I always find them to be thought-provoking and often inspiring, and the stranger they are, the more the appeal, I often find.

I also love dramas that have to do with real-life struggles, like Crash, Cinderella Man, Trans-America, or Precious, for example. They're usually some of the most riveting because they tell relatable stories of sadness, triumph, and the reality that we all deal with in some way or another. They're often the most tragic as well.

Documentaries.

And lastly, you can't go wrong with a good comedy. I especially love the more clever ones that sort of dupe the senses or compel you question things, like The Truman Show or The King of Comedy.

Addams Family Values. And yes, it's good. Quirky and hilarious. Wednesday is worthy of our worship.

Too many. But the film Synecdoche, New York is definitely at the top of the list. Incredibly powerful film, highly reccomended.

PS: White Chicks :haha:

November is just around the corner. Thor 2 is fast approaching! I, too, cannot wait to see it! :excited2:

Oh God I know. I'm dying, so excited. :party:

• Mills unpinned this topic

Archived