đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Daft Punk

Forrest Gump

Featured Posts

MCMXCIII

Instant Crush was my instant fave. But the album as a whole is so holy. ALTHOUGH Touch...  :pukey:

Like they mentioned, it's so innovative, but yet brings back the past. Idk hard to explain but yes, this should bring back life to EDM, bring a whole new meaning to it, it's going to change history!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brainiac

• Carles

• MelbHawker

• Forrest Gump

Introvert

just listened to it. underwhelmed.

Like they mentioned, it's so innovative, but yet brings back the past. Idk hard to explain but yes, this should bring back life to EDM, bring a whole new meaning to it, it's going to change history!

it just sounds like 2007 dance music made for todays commercial radio. i dont understand how thats going to change history.

MCMXCIII

just listened to it. underwhelmed.

it just sounds like 2007 dance music made for todays commercial radio. i dont understand how thats going to change history.

It brings the soul of music back to what we have today. Now, it's all about synths, breakdowns, machine production, electronic music, but who do you really see fusing electronic instrumentation with real, old school production, (drums, guitars, bass, violins, so on)

MCMXCIII

From a review I was reading:

"I think that the age of the listener plays a huge factor in the appeal of this album. Speaking for myself, some of my first memories are from the time that they chose for inspiration, so many of the themes and references are literally things that I've grown up with. I recall very vividly the exact mood and aural aesthetic they aimed to achieve and they did it spot on. Two-tone brown with stone and globe lights. Ridiculous glasses, polyester and wood paneling. The seventies had died, but the eighties hadn't quite arrived. Cable TV just showed up on the scene. Pretty soon MTv and VCRs. Not only is it a nostalgia trip, from a recording/producing standpoint this album actually says "In 1979, your music could have sounded this far out of this world". They are demanding that we reconsider what's possible with the tech we possess instead of settling for some of the churned out records we've been getting."

YES. PRAISE! This album, if paid close attention to, can bring back the quality to music.

MelbHawker

'My name is Giovanni Giorgio.. but everybody calls me.. Giorgio'.

slayed.gif

Someone haaaalp me.

Neight Shayde

'My name is Giovanni Giorgio.. but everybody calls me.. Giorgio'.

slayed.gif

Someone haaaalp me.

Fantasia-Gif.gif

I think 'touch' is my least favorite

MelbHawker

Just listened to the album in full.

Faves: Give Life Back to Music, The Game of Love, Giorgio by Moroder, Within (amazing amazing amazing omg), Instant Crush, Get Lucky, Doin' It Right. 

I don't dislike any of the songs to be honest with you all. 'Touch' is risky - but it's exciting because it changes genres throughout the song and it still works. 

They deserve the praise. Perfection!!!! 

F*ck it. My thirst for the album is too strong so I'm about to listen. 

EaQKG.gif

I just started my stream. :excited2:

I've been so obsessed with disco lately... probably due to the hype of this album, so the first track is already slaying me.

MelbHawker

I just started my stream. :excited2:

I've been so obsessed with disco lately... probably due to the hype of this album, so the first track is already slaying me.

It's an amazing record.

The 'ballad' songs really shine on this; 'The Game of Love' and 'Within' are incredible. It's almost as if a robot's written a break-up song. Fantastic!

I think it's a good album, probably even a very good album, but maybe just short of great.

The three Williams tracks (two by Pharrell, one by Paul) and Giorgio by Moroder are all :legend: but some of the other stuff fails to leave much of a mark. And the Panda Bear collab is a lame track.

Also, totes not here for the Touch hate. It's cheesy, but in the best possible way, and is probably the most creative/unexpected track on the entire album. It slays.

Edited by kupo

This PERFECT album...

ecSpa5E.gif

It's like a soundtrack to the most epic 70s sci-fi film. And the exhilaration of that final climax/send-off in Contact? What a ****ing TRIP. My body literally went limp when it finished.

I'll have to play it a few more times before I know what my favorite songs are, but I had no complaints during my first listen. :worship:

TrueWillis

Also, totes not here for the Touch hate. It's cheesy, but in the best possible way, and is probably the most creative/unexpected track on the entire album. It slays.

I was surprised people were saying they didn't like it because i thought it was one of the stand out tracks...