Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
event

2026 MTV Video Music Awards


TaylorSwift
 Share

Featured Posts

27monster27

I might get hate for this, but here goes:
I didn't hate this VMAs. In fact, I enjoyed it. It was fun, the pace was kept up, and it was interesting IMO. I really hope this isn't the last one like some are saying, but if it is they are ending on a good note.

he/him/his
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IllusionLover
10 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Madonna is the world’s biggest star of all time. Sabrina is one of the current generation biggest star. Charli was there too. I think your perception of star power is broken. 

Even the Taylor Swift was there, but I agree on the part that there wasn't any star power during the performances, with this lineup in a VMAs like those in the past decade I would've loved to see these:

Madonna: Confessions medley as it happened 

Charli xcx: Music Fashion Film performance 

Sabrina: House tour performance 

Taylor video premiere + father figure performance + Showgirl medley 

Troye Sivan: party performance + Madonna joins to sing a "Music" Mashup with him

+ all the new acts and the other performers and maybe a Miley Cyrus performance.

And maybe an Olivia Rodrigo performance from her tour since apparently she had a show tonight too.

Artists are clearly not as interested to perform at these kind of events anymore. Just look at what the Billboard, MTV EMAs and AMAs became... the VMAs are barely hanging on

Edited by IllusionLover
13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Duella Dvil

Anyone got a link to rewatch madonnas performance 

www.instagram.com/theduella666
Link to post
Share on other sites

monstertoronto
11 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I might get hate for this, but here goes:
I didn't hate this VMAs. In fact, I enjoyed it. It was fun, the pace was kept up, and it was interesting IMO. I really hope this isn't the last one like some are saying, but if it is they are ending on a good note.

I agree!  I liked it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ThisGuyTony
14 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Madonna is the world’s biggest star of all time. Sabrina is one of the current generation biggest star. Charli was there too. I think your perception of star power is broken. 

Just 4 big names this year when back then, nearly every artist, performer, and person who attended was well known for something in the industry.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

IllusionLover
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Just 4 big names this year when back then, nearly every artist, performer, and person who attended was well known for something in the industry.

Remember the 2010s VMAs with Gaga, Katy, Kesha, Rihanna, Cher, JB, Beyoncé, Eminem, Selena Gomez, Ms swift, Nicki Magaj. Like everyone was there. 

These days we get Katy, Taylor and Yonce one year, then Gaga, Ariana, the next one, but we never have a full combo in the same year anymore.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Duella Dvil

I wonder how hard M's team is working to scrub the internet of that random closeup

www.instagram.com/theduella666
  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Who’s the third guy up there with Kurt and Dave for Nirvana?

Pat Smear. Nirvana was at their break out a three piece (Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, and Kirst Novoselic). When they were making their third album the band realized that the sound they wanted required an additional guitarist to Kurt if they were to ever be able to play the songs live so they hired a guitarist from an undgerground band they were fans of to join them and he became an honorary if not completely official fourth member. He likely would’ve become the official fourth member had Kurt not passed after the tour for their third album ended.

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

With all due respect, why is George Michael being honored this year? :triggered:

His estate is launching the 40th anniversary of Faith campaign. The 40th is technically next year but it’s also the 10th anniversary of his death this year so they’re sort of combining that commemoration and the start of the 40th celebrations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

monstertoronto
35 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Just 4 big names this year when back then, nearly every artist, performer, and person who attended was well known for something in the industry.

I feel along with Madonna, Taylor, Sabrina, Charli, Bruno (is massive), and new stars like LISA (also huge), Sombr, and Troye, it was good lineup. I think everyone there has some reason to be there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monstermilo

theres no real stars left 

the vmas used to mean something.... now its just a bunch of artists no one cares about - its kind of a representation of the music scene too, i fear theres not a lot of exciting talent out rn. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

garbage day
49 minutes ago, Duella Dvil said:

I wonder how hard M's team is working to scrub the internet of that random closeup

What was it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...