Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
question

Your top 3 favorite performances from VMA?


Blackout19
 Share

Featured Posts

Britney, Christina, Madonna & Missy Elliot is one of the Most iconic performances ever. I feel Like Young people don’t even know how crazy that was when it happened and how much the Media was freaking out about it. It also has the best audience reactions.

 

  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Duella Dvil
42 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Britney, Christina, Madonna & Missy Elliot is one of the Most iconic performances ever. I feel Like Young people don’t even know how crazy that was when it happened and how much the Media was freaking out about it. It also has the best audience reactions.

 

Prefacing this with I'm a MASSIVE Madonna, Britney, Xtina, AND Missy fan.

But this performance is iconic on the backs of the entertainers and NOT the songs. Hollywood was such a dud in that performance, the Like A Virgin cover was ... okay. And Missy was just kinda there.

Overall was the performance entertaining? SURE but the music itself is just such a letdown

Now. To answer the question

My number 1 is Vogue 1990

My number 2 is Applause 2013

My number 3 is Doja Cat Planet Her medley, 2020(could be 2021 idk it was incredible tho)

Paparazzi is iconic but it took me YEARS to get back to wanting to re-watch it, whereas Applause was legitimately one of my favorite single eras and I loved every single action packed moment. I miss the ARTPOP era so much.

www.instagram.com/theduella666
Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Duella Dvil said:

Prefacing this with I'm a MASSIVE Madonna, Britney, Xtina, AND Missy fan.

But this performance is iconic on the backs of the entertainers and NOT the songs. Hollywood was such a dud in that performance, the Like A Virgin cover was ... okay. And Missy was just kinda there.

Overall was the performance entertaining? SURE but the music itself is just such a letdown

Now. To answer the question

My number 1 is Vogue 1990

My number 2 is Applause 2013

My number 3 is Doja Cat Planet Her medley, 2020(could be 2021 idk it was incredible tho)

Paparazzi is iconic but it took me YEARS to get back to wanting to re-watch it, whereas Applause was legitimately one of my favorite single eras and I loved every single action packed moment. I miss the ARTPOP era so much.

That is true. Musically and as far as the dancing and the performance overall are concerned it was not that amazing.

but Britney and Christina had been pitted against each other constantly by the media and both of them were facing a similar issue like Gaga and Madonna where they were called „The new Madonna“ All the time. So seeing all three of them share a stage was just an incredible moment in Pop Culture. And as far as i remember (I was 10 or 11) they were keeping the performance a secret and nobody knew who was gonna open the show so when they were all revealed one by one people were freaking out. So it was just huge and I think it deserves the Spot in the top 3. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Duella Dvil
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

That is true. Musically and as far as the dancing and the performance overall are concerned it was not that amazing.

but Britney and Christina had been pitted against each other constantly by the media and both of them were facing a similar issue like Gaga and Madonna where they were called „The new Madonna“ All the time. So seeing all three of them share a stage was just an incredible moment in Pop Culture. And as far as i remember (I was 10 or 11) they were keeping the performance a secret and nobody knew who was gonna open the show so when they were all revealed one by one people were freaking out. So it was just huge and I think it deserves the Spot in the top 3. 

I get the cultural implications of it absolutely but it's just sad, looking back, that the songs (honestly besides Missy's) were all ... duds (Like A Virgin cover is a mess, original is ICONIC) That is my only critique of that performance is that truly, it has not aged well musically.

www.instagram.com/theduella666
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PartySick said:

Why does an official video of this not exist? :neyde: 

 

3 hours ago, Duella Dvil said:

whereas Applause was legitimately one of my favorite single eras and I loved every single action packed moment. I miss the ARTPOP era so much.


Just for the sake of the record … Applause 2013 was just pure energy … you could feel every element of that performance … the alchemy of ARTPOP was so clear and present, my goodness—a genuine metamorphosis 

At the visceral blink level, it’s Top 3 on curated catalysis alone … whew, the cosmic marrow of it all

I love that performance so much … kudos to you both for heralding its humble majesty—love and ARTPOP, make it real now 

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...